2017 RR300 screen flickering on and off with low RPM

Hi guys,

an issue has popped up with my 2017 RR300 over the past couple of rides, I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction to getting it fixed. 

When the bike RPMs are low or idle, the screen will flicker on and off as if there isn't enough voltage being received to keep things alive. The bike won't stall or anything like that, just the screen flickers. Also, the battery voltage indicator changes between 60-90% and 0% - I'm assuming this is related. I don't think it's the battery (SSB Li-Ion) as the bike still starts perfectly fine and with no delay. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

Yes sir

regulator 27.28101.000 they are known to fail and should be warrantied by your beta dealer. I bought a spare one aftee mine failed.

Just put a multimeter on your battery and start you bike. When you rev the bike the voltage should be consistent 14-15 volts max.

i dont know the part number of the capacitor but its in the airbox its a plug at the end of harness and its heat shrink. Cut the heat shrink and you will see the capacitor.

you can get them locally. See attached pic

IMG_8080.PNG

Thanks guys. In that same location there is another little plug with three resistors, also heat shrinked. In my case the centre resistor of the three was corroded and destroyed, the capacitor actually looked okay for the most part but with a small area of corrosion at the bottom where the pins meet the capacitor. After speaking to Beta Australia (who are stand up guys by the way!) both will be replaced under warranty. 

Thanks for the help all!

• Like 1

I would 1st check wiring, I found a couple issues where the plugs were not completely engaged, in back of the headlight there are a bunch of connectors.

Also when I had an issue my dealer gave me new batteries for the gauge (Trailtech), there are 2 round batteries watch type batteries in the bottom of the gauge, also make sure the battery cover is tight. The screen/ gauge does not run off the main battery but turns on when it gets input.

I added dielectric grease to all connections and some by the batteries in the trailtech as well.

Wow totally forgot about this thread! Turns out the issue with the flickering dash is closely related to oil pump problems!

Behind the left number plate on the bike there are two heat shrink wrapped plugs. One contains a AA battery sized ?resistor? and the other contains three ?diodes?. Basically the way they are held in position on the bike allows for water ingress and corrodes both items leading to the flickering screen and - oil pump failure. When I reported the issue to Beta Australia they were well aware and sent me replacement parts along with instructions on how to secure the new (and far better sealed) electronic components and now the bike is running fantastic. 

The instructions say to zip tie the components upside down along the frame rail that comes through that section of the bike, I instead chose to secure mine in the small section of empty space just behind the battery.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Ic0nic