KTM 300 TPI Engine Brake

With Ktm's new TPI in their 2 stroke, I was curious if it was safe to engine brake on them. I would think that they would still be getting oil without the throttle, so engine braking may not hurt it. TPI is really starting to make me consider a KTM or Husky bike. 

Oil injection is controlled by throttle position and RPM. So even with a closed throttle, if the engine is spinning fast, the oil system is giving more oil than a regular 2S would with a closed throttle.

I could be wrong on this . From what i have read ktm mixes the oil into the gas before the injectors.  Its not like the old school injection systems.  No throttle, no gas or oil.

Has anyone seized an engine in this manner?

It's not like you let off the throttle and all the oil disappears from the crank case. 

My bikes all have disk brakes, state of the art and cutting edge.

4 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I could be wrong on this . From what i have read ktm mixes the oil into the gas before the injectors.  Its not like the old school injection systems.  No throttle, no gas or oil.

Absolutely wrong! Both fluids have completely separate lines,injectors,pumps,reservoirs etc. Oil is supplied in the throttle body, fuel : in the Transfer ports

do long periods of engine braking hurt a normal 2 stroke? or are blips of the throttle every few seconds recommended?

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1

There is no engine braking on a normal two stroke. I have seized a two stroke road racer by shutting off the throttle after taking the checkered flag. Usual cure for road racers is to go much fatter on the pilot jets, since road racers never run on the pilot jet (nearly always WFO).