2017 TE 250 vs 2016 TE 300

So i am in the market for a bike. Im curious to what the difference is between the 2017 and 2016 model from what i can see its the front suspension. Is it worth the extra cash to buy new or save cash buy used and spend the money saved on mods?

I have located a 2017 TE 250 OTD 8400.00

The 16 TE 300 has 40hrs 500 miles and some mods  just had piston and rings done 1hr ago. Thanks for your time

the 16 is a solid moore problem free proven platform.

17 is slightly unreliable feels a bit flimsier but much better overall and lighter the 250 is slightly harder to tune

but you can get a 300 kit later i bought my 16 as a 250 know its a 300 you can't go wrong with buth of the 

2017 is a much better bike overall. good quality starter motor and a counterbalancer fitted to the motor. few carb issues with the mikuni carb but get the cylinder head skimmed and it will fit the jetting and give more performance too

16 is a good bike. but 17 another good step forward

You picked right! The 17 and 18 bikes are a step ahead. I ended up with a 18 TX 300 and I'm very happy I didn't end up waiting for the W / TE. The close ratio trans is perfect for woods and the ARE suspension is the best and out of the box $0 spent on suspension is mind blowing being a KTM/ Berg/ Husq guy.