Shout out to Cycle Gear

I bent my brake leaver pretty badly on a recent trip and had a last minute invite to go riding tomorrow but problem was the brake leaver was in pretty bad shape and not good to ride with. 

All the local shops were closed today and it looked like I was SOL to go riding when a buddy suggested checking with Cycle Gear. 

Not only were they open today, but they had my leaver waiting for me when I got to their store. 

Nice guys and they saved the day!

https://www.cyclegear.com/store-location

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LRB said:

I bent my brake leaver pretty badly on a recent trip and had a last minute invite to go riding tomorrow but problem was the brake leaver was in pretty bad shape and not good to ride with. 

All the local shops were closed today and it looked like I was SOL to go riding when a buddy suggested checking with Cycle Gear. 

Not only were they open today, but they had my leaver waiting for me when I got to their store. 

Nice guys and they saved the day!

https://www.cyclegear.com/store-location

Holy crap! Open Sunday and Monday? That's unheard of. Few weekends back I missed a ride because I pinched my tube during installation the night before. Assumed all shops were closed. Yay Cycle Gear. I also grabbed about 8 tubes online to discourage the problem from surfacing again. ?

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Holy crap! Open Sunday and Monday? That's unheard of. Few weekends back I missed a ride because I pinched my tube during installation the night before. Assumed all shops were closed. Yay Cycle Gear. 

Yeah. Never knew they existed (they were even next to my local dealer that I bought one of my bikes from). 

Their name is deceptive though. If I were to just drive by, I'd have thought it was a bicycle parts store. 

• Like 1

They aren't near me, ~140 miles, but been meaning to check out, more for gear.
[emoji106]

All their gear is bargain stuff for casual or newb riders. They literally have nothing in there I want. They are great being open Sundays, Ive bought mix oil, tubes, fork oil etc. Very convenient.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 4

9 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

All their gear is bargain stuff for casual or newb riders. They literally have nothing in there I want. They are great being open Sundays, Ive bought mix oil, tubes, fork oil etc. Very convenient.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

At least they're convenient. 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

I had one experience with cycle gear and I will never go back.  I went in there once and the guy I met was nice and I talked to him about buying a new tire and he told me if I bought it from them they would install it for free.  About a month later I decided to take them up on that offer so I called them to see if they still had the offer before I went down.  They said they couldn't do it for free but would do it for 10 dollars which I thought was still fair.  So I drove 30min to get down there and I ended up meeting the manager.  I told him I just called you guys and I was told you guys would mount a new tire for 10 dollars if I buy the tire from you.  He tells me no it's 45 dollars, I tell him I just called less than an hour ago to verify the price and your employee told me 10 dollars.  It turns out the guy I talked to on the phone had just left so the manager says he will do it for 15, I say okay I only brought 120 dollars cash can you do it all for that and he says yes.  We find the tire, it cost 100 dollars there, I normally pay 80-85 at the dealer.  Then he sets up the work order and doesn't even look at my wheel but writes it's cracked.  I tell him my wheel isn't cracked so he gets down and actually looks at the wheel and points at a scratch from a tire iron, I tell him I am not signing that work order saying my wheel is cracked because it's clearly not.  It was obvious he wrote that it was cracked so that if they cracked it while changing the tire they could put the fault on me.  Now he says give him an hour, it takes him two and I come back and he is trying to charge me 130 dollars even though he told me he'd do it for 120.  After arguing for a couple minutes he takes the 120 cash.  That's my experience with cycle gear, now I only use the dealer and have no issues.

Edited by 96motorhead

4 minutes ago, 96motorhead said:

I had one experience with cycle gear and I will never go back.  I went in there once and the guy I met was nice and I talked to him about buying a new tire and he told me if I bought it from them they would install it for free.  About a month later I decided to take them up on that offer so I called them to see if they still had the offer before I went down.  They said they couldn't do it for free but would do it for 10 dollars which I thought was still fair.  So I drove 30min to get down there and I ended up meeting the manager.  I told him I just called you guys and I was told you guys would mount a new tire for 10 dollars if I buy the tire from you.  He tells me no it's 45 dollars, I tell him I just called less than an hour ago to verify the price and your employee told me 10 dollars.  It turns out the guy I talked to on the phone had just left so the manager says he will do it for 15, I say okay I only brought 120 dollars cash can you do it all for that and he says yes.  We find the tire, it cost 100 dollars there, I normally pay 80-85 at the dealer.  Then he sets up the work order and doesn't even look at my wheel but writes it's cracked.  I tell him my wheel isn't cracked so he gets down and actually looks at the wheel and points at a scratch from a tire iron, I tell him I am not signing that work order saying my wheel is cracked because it's clearly not.  It was obvious he wrote that it was cracked so that if they cracked it while changing the tire they could put the fault on me.  Now he says give him an hour, it takes him two and I come back and he is trying to charge me 130 dollars even though he told me he'd do it for 120.  After arguing for a couple minutes he takes the 120 cash.  That's my experience with cycle gear, now I only use the dealer and have no issues.

Whoa. I typically change my own tires but when I can't for whatever reason there's a great dealer that does it for $25 and it only takes 30 minutes. I was stunned to discover this recently. Of course there's other dealers and shops out there that cause drama. 

• Like 1