yz125 build help

Alright guys, i bought my wife a 125 but don't know the year exactly. no title, but i know its a 98-2000. how do i figure out the year for it. I'm having trouble finding mainly new plastics cause i don't know the year, and other parts as well.

IMG_0686 2.JPG

IMG_0684 2.JPG

IMG_0685 2.JPG

9 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

10th digit of the VIN is your answer

Didn't ask because the frame looks powder coated. 

OP, this is for 250, but the 10 digit is still the year.

IMG_6534.thumb.JPG.5e4b929d6dcc85bb223dd12f3753eb69.JPG

18 minutes ago, P84ONE said:

Number plate mount throws it off. 

Agreed, sorry my internet is terrible, stuff comes so slow. I'm out but your in good hands. 

smoking 2's i thought that as well. but carburetor schematics from a 96 are not the same as this one as they could have changed it. i just don't know for sure so i thought id turn to y'all for help

P84one is your help line for a absolute answer. Hope not but you may need to sand that area to find out. Certainly if stopped by game warden you will or be impounded, guess how I know that:rolleyes:

It's a 2002-04. Alu subframe came in '02 and the alu frame along with a new engine came in '05.

Not sure if alu subframe fits on older bikes which originally came with steel ones. If it does, the PO could have swapped them and that also explains older style plastics. You could check by the engine serial number, written on top of the right engine case by the kick starter.

Wow just found this gem, could come very useful.
http://www.oem-cycle.com/YAMAHAYZ125IDENTIFICATION.shtml

Edited by Narciss