underage riding certification in Mass.

My Grandson wants to learn to ride a dirtbike. He is 15 and never showed much interest til now. Mass. has an online,then a classroom course you have to take. Do you have to bring atv or dirtbike to 2nd part of training? FAQ's in info section mention skills test,and dont know what is involved. He is a newbie and I can teach him to ride,but no idea what the Ma. liberals have decided to include in training course,except to make money again,and not give us any riding areas for our taxes.

The state of MA probably loses money off the fees they charge for this sort of thing, just not enough pupils. Keep us posted on what the course involves, like 1stplace said, I'm curious what our states leaders consider a quality motorcycle safety course

Planning on doing the same with my ten year old this winter. I dont have any insight though.

He has been riding with me a bunch in New Hampshire where he doesn't need a training course until he turns 12. We have some riding out our back door that he could do legally if he had the Mass course.       

Nope only a parent has to go. Hodges runs the class and some of the MX tracks do as well. Some of your friends on facebook have more information.