2017 Crf450rx problem

Hey guys so i just got a new 17 crf450rx. I was able to find a used one for 5000 with 3 hours on it. I have never had a fuel injected bike before. I am coming off the old trust 450x. So far the bike has been amazing. I do however have a few concerns about it that i wanted to get checked out. So when i bought the bike i am pretty sure there was bad gas left in it. I did not drain it and i ran the rest of it with some new gas in the tank. After the first ride i washed it and cleaned it up. Since then it has been taking it twice to start. What i mean by that is when i start it cold (it is in the 90's here in texas) it will die and then i have to start it again. then it will run. My throttle response seem kind of poor before it gets warmed up. when it is warm not problems what so ever. I drained the fuel and put some fresh gas in it with some sea foam thinking there might be some junk left in a injector or something. What is the deal? I dont feel like this is normal. Maybe i need a new fuel filter or something? Thanks everyone!

Same on my RX. Always takes 2 starts from cold. My wife's cbr250 does it also. Maybe its the computer checking all the sensors and adjusting the settings?

On Monday, September 04, 2017 at 7:24 PM, HondaRider42 said:

Hey guys so i just got a new 17 crf450rx. I was able to find a used one for 5000 with 3 hours on it. I have never had a fuel injected bike before. I am coming off the old trust 450x. So far the bike has been amazing. I do however have a few concerns about it that i wanted to get checked out. So when i bought the bike i am pretty sure there was bad gas left in it. I did not drain it and i ran the rest of it with some new gas in the tank. After the first ride i washed it and cleaned it up. Since then it has been taking it twice to start. What i mean by that is when i start it cold (it is in the 90's here in texas) it will die and then i have to start it again. then it will run. My throttle response seem kind of poor before it gets warmed up. when it is warm not problems what so ever. I drained the fuel and put some fresh gas in it with some sea foam thinking there might be some junk left in a injector or something. What is the deal? I dont feel like this is normal. Maybe i need a new fuel filter or something? Thanks everyone!

5000 dollars? Nice buy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Summit said:

5000 dollars? Nice buy!

Exactly my thought. That is half what they are new how in the world did you get that deal was there a gun pointed at the seller?

On 4/9/2017 at 10:24 PM, HondaRider42 said:

Hola chicos, acabo de recibir un nuevo 17 crf450rx. Pude encontrar uno usado para 5000 con 3 horas en él. Nunca antes había tenido una bicicleta con inyección de combustible. Vengo del viejo fideicomiso 450x. Hasta ahora, la bicicleta ha sido increíble. Sin embargo, tengo algunas preocupaciones al respecto que quería que me revisaran. Entonces, cuando compré la bicicleta, estoy bastante seguro de que quedaba gas malo en ella. No lo drené y corrí el resto con algo de gas nuevo en el tanque. Después del primer viaje, lo lavé y lo limpié. Desde entonces, ha estado tardando dos veces en comenzar. Lo que quiero decir con eso es que cuando empiezo en frío (está en los 90 aquí en Texas) morirá y luego tengo que volver a empezar. entonces correrá. Mi respuesta del aceleradorparece un poco pobre antes de que se caliente. cuando hace calor no hay problema, ¿qué pasa? Drené el combustible y puse algo de gas fresco con espuma de mar pensando que podría haber algo de basura en un inyector o algo así. ¿Cuál es el trato? No siento que esto sea normal. Tal vez necesito un nuevo filtro de combustible o algo así? ¡Gracias a todos!

woow ... 5000 thousand dollars a 2017, here in Argentina are 17 thousand dollars 0km, how nice it would be to pay that here.