Help!!! really confused

Help.

Just done piston and rings and cam chain  on my 2015 crf 250r

ran it up first time sweet as fired good, idled smooth , reved nice , stopped it assembled plastics to bike and let cool down, it was only run 2 minutes max, didn't get hot .

ran up 2nd time every thing nice however...

3rd time adjusted idle and bike stopped, made a strange sound as if a gear had been half selected and engine stalled .( no gears engaged as still on bike stand).

checked timing marks all okay, wind engine over on kick start and it made a weird clicky sort of noise, I thought it may had been cam chain as it really sounded like it came from the left hand side .

pulled top end out checked cam shaft and valve train, piston and rings were sweet did not pick up , cam chain still moves freely .

really stuck and confused, what do I do let the possible problem rear its ugly head as it developes?

If your idle is set to low you may be hearing the cam chain! Does the noise disappear if you give it alittle throttle?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, Float said:

Maybe something from the top end like alignment dowel or camshaft bearing retainer fell into the crankcase?

seen that before.

all dowels etc are accounted for , re assembled piston assy help cam chain and rotated engine, no noise, assembled cam and valve train , rotate and noise present , current tensioner is 20hrs old genuine Honda. cam chain fitted was a Morse , borg warner automotive silent chain . rotated it a few times now noise ist that bad

the bike now has no spark, tested kill switch, and coil both within spec.

what next it seems like this bike will be the death of me lol