Jump to content
NEGbrap

First Ride on 2018 Beta 300rr

Recommended Posts

On 10/29/2018 at 6:52 AM, NEGbrap said:

Aligned forks and wheel, retorqued at lower settings. Stiction gone, makes me nervous about initial wear on inners?

My 18 rr was aligned with the motion tool from day 1 with lower torque on lower clamps. and at 40 hrs i changed fork oil ans it was full of anodize. Beta warrantied them with the same tubes so in 40 hrs it will be warn off agian. just a heads up. hard anodize is inevitable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Montana Norm said:

My 18 rr was aligned with the motion tool from day 1 with lower torque on lower clamps. and at 40 hrs i changed fork oil ans it was full of anodize. Beta warrantied them with the same tubes so in 40 hrs it will be warn off agian. just a heads up. hard anodize is inevitable 

When i got my 17' tubes warrantied, i sent the new set off immediately to Steve at after hour cycles for a hard coat.  He goes by motoxgiant on here.  Turned out great.. So did his revalve :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, shrubitup said:

Don’t make rk decisions based on the published 30 day return period. He wouldn’t accept my return so I doubt he’s accepted others. 

Yours was the performance good but mileage didn’t improve ? Something like that?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yours was the performance good but mileage didn’t improve ? Something like that?

Correct, more or less, didn't purchase for performance. At the time it was advertised that it would run more efficiently and save fuel. No fuel was saved so I asked for a refund and got stiffed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Correct, more or less, didn't purchase for performance. At the time it was advertised that it would run more efficiently and save fuel. No fuel was saved so I asked for a refund and got stiffed.

I didn’t check mileage on my RK yet. I guess I don’t care much as my cr 250 honda was such a gas hog so I got a big tank for it. My 300rr mileage is way better. I thought Id guaranty have to buy a 3 gal tank. No need after adjusting float level.  Works good though . I’m just lucky that I don’t have long distance rides and then I can just ride my 4 strokes for longer distance stuff. 

I’m not sure if it runs cooler either but the bigger volume head can’t hurt cooling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I’m not sure if it runs cooler either but the bigger volume head can’t hurt cooling. 

stock bike didn't have any troubles with boiling. Beta is the only bike i have NOT boiled however. Very interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

stock bike didn't have any troubles with boiling. Beta is the only bike i have NOT boiled however. Very interesting.

Beta 2 strokes are very resistant to boiling but I have boiled every bike in certain situations. It’s why I put cooling mods on a bike right off. I HATE boiling bikes. That’s one thing about old school air cool bikes. None have the bullshit that is dealt with on watercool. It’s a &%$#@!ing pain in the ass. For trail and hard enduro I wish there were 2 stroke options with the good parts of new bikes. Id love a 400 to 450 2 stroke estart air cool new suspension bike with good brakes that are Beta seat height. It would be way lighter and not vulnerable in crashes and be super slim and Id have tons of power and I could ride everything with it like I used to in the 80’s etc.  None of this boiling smashed radiator shit and buying rad guards and waterpump seals and shafts blowing. In older days I spent zero days dealing with watercool fails and smashing rads and guards blah nlah blah. A mix of what is best for a setup hare scrambles, hard enduro bike is what I’d like but it’s not available. I go to grab and move my old 430 cr Husky and it feels like a 125 it’s so light.   I know rant....

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Beta 2 strokes are very resistant to boiling but I have boiled every bike in certain situations. It’s why I put cooling mods on a bike right off. I HATE boiling bikes. That’s one thing about old school air cool bikes. None have the bullshit that is dealt with on watercool. It’s a &%$#@!ing pain in the ass. For trail and hard enduro I wish there were 2 stroke options with the good parts of new bikes. Id love a 400 to 450 2 stroke estart air cool new suspension bike with good brakes that are Beta seat height. It would be way lighter and not vulnerable in crashes and be super slim and Id have tons of power and I could ride everything with it like I used to in the 80’s etc.  None of this boiling smashed radiator shit and buying rad guards and waterpump seals and shafts blowing. In older days I spent zero days dealing with watercool fails and smashing rads and guards blah nlah blah. A mix of what is best for a setup hare scrambles, hard enduro bike is what I’d like but it’s not available. I go to grab and move my old 430 cr Husky and it feels like a 125 it’s so light.   I know rant....

I like that new GPX moto Yamaha 225cc Lanza motor. Would be cool if they also fitted up a big bore smoker air cooled like you say. Should be lighter and cheaper too. Maybe retrofit the GPX motor with a Yamaha blaster air cooled head with BBK lol. Or take a page out of the KDX hybrid approach and source an IT465 motor and stuff it into a blown up mx 125 frame. :blah:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shrubitup said:

I like that new GPX moto Yamaha 225cc Lanza motor. Would be cool if they also fitted up a big bore smoker air cooled like you say. Should be lighter and cheaper too. Maybe retrofit the GPX motor with a Yamaha blaster air cooled head with BBK lol. Or take a page out of the KDX hybrid approach and source an IT465 motor and stuff it into a blown up mx 125 frame. :blah:

I appreciate the discussion, but doesnt al of these deviate and dilute from the original content of the thread? Maybe keep it to PM's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

I appreciate the discussion, but doesnt al of these deviate and dilute from the original content of the thread? Maybe keep it to PM's.

You’re right. The one thing most related is Betas related to other bikes are resistant to boiling. That’s a point to look at for an 18 300 rr. There are some changes to the motor but I’m thinking it’s the same as earlier 300 rr. No negative reports on that yet. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×