Back in the saddle

Recently acquired another 1996 Honda XR 400R after selling my 1st one years ago. I'm 51 and wanted to have some more fun while I still can and before the world comes to an end. Rode her for the 1st time yesterday and am happy to report I discovered no issues. Starting, clutch, shifting, brakes ,suspension all seemed fine. Forgot exactly hoe fun these bikes are. Plenty of torque for me. I prefer this bike over the newer stuff. Simple and easy maintenance. Glad to be back to the XR world again!  

Edited by coyote xr
left out word
  • Like 2

I'm ready for cooler weather already. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but enough already. Plus the mosquitoes and ticks aren't fun either. Will hopefully hit some parks close to here in the fall. It took a while to find a 400 around here. Glad I bought this one. 

Ya, I did the same thing, had a 01' new sold it in about 04', ran across this 02' in June on Craigslist with a dual sport kit and current Cali tags, had to have, amazing how some people buy bikes and never ride them, this one looks close to new for 15 years old.

XR400 003.JPG

• Like 2

Damn, nice bike dude! A plated version would be nice. Never see any for sale in these parts for sale and getting a plate w/o a title here is a hassle. I'm cool w/just off-road and an occasional neighborhood jaunt. Rode a little today and haven't found any issues yet. Been away from riding for a few years. I'm a little rusty and soft compared to the last time around, but still dig it as much as ever. If you count Z 50's, this is my 7th XR. Z50, XR 80, 100, 200, 250, and 2 400s. I like them all, but the 400 is my fave. It is a mountain goat on the trails.  

Rode w/a friend Friday and all was good. Bike is strong and everything seems good. On the way home I got dizzy/sick and am now just feeling a little better. Thank goodness for Coke and Coke Icees. Medicinal. Will ride again soon. Love the XR400R. Best bike for me.