Can you buy Maico bikes in the US?

So as many of you probably already know, their is this company (In Germany I think) called Maico.  They make MONSTER 2-stroke bikes, such as their 700cc 2-stroke dirt bike, they are complete badass bikes and I really want one, but i dont even know where to start looking, I've check my local craigslist and other local selling websites and had 0 results for any maico bikes, does anyone know how I could possibly find one in the US.  Willing to pay a lot these bikes are super cool.  

2 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Ya so I looked at that website, I guess that seems to be the only option but I was trying to find a used one in my area so I didnt have to order one, maybe I'll just get a used 700 engine and find a cheap frame that would fit it

23 minutes ago, NyleTheViking said:

Ya so I looked at that website, I guess that seems to be the only option but I was trying to find a used one in my area so I didnt have to order one, maybe I'll just get a used 700 engine and find a cheap frame that would fit it

500cc two stroke too slow for you? If not, there's many for sale everywhere for much less. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shrubitup said:

500cc two stroke too slow for you? If not, there's many for sale everywhere for much less. 

No im sure a 500cc would be plenty fast but I just think these Maico bikes are really interesting and so different, like when have you ever seen anyone riding one of these beautiful machines, I know I never have.  

Dude a vintage 400 smoker has got a lot of power. That 700 is probably lethal at best. I don't know about parts availability either, seems kind hard to find. I'd be cautious if I where you, CR500s push about 80hp I think. Have you ever ridden a big bore two stroke? It's nothing like a 4 stroke.

• Like 1

Why do you want a bike that stopped its development in the early 80's? A "cool" Maico was a long time ago. Do your homework grasshopper, you have lots to learn.

• Like 2

You might have better luck finding an ATK Intimidator (re-badged Maico).

I rode a Maico 320 enduro a few years ago.  I thought it was a fine bike, with very good steering and did nothing weird.  The ergos were a bit different (tall), but nothing alarming.  I wouldn't hesitate to toe the line in a race on one or have it as a regular steed.  I was in Leverkusen this summer, and regret that I didn't visit Koestler.  

• Like 1

If I was closer I would be looking hard at that Maico. I had a '79 440GS and it was an awesome bike, much better than the '86 I tried later.

• Like 1

To NyleTheViking : 

The real Maico brand doesn't exist anymore , they tried to revive it with MStar brand and Maico International ( that company has made the famous 700 2s ) , the company that you have seen is not a real manufacturer and also they are using the brand Maico without owning it ( 'Maico' is now property of an electric scooter factory , what a disgusting end for a legend ... ) , finding a 500 2s is easier , then there are a lot of companies that can sell you bored cylinders ( 550 , 560 , 580 and so on ) , go to Opferman Motorsport youtube channel , he knows everything about Maico bikes .

Also there was an english company called BVN Motorsport ( or something like that ) and they had tried to re-start big bores 2s bikes manufacturing but they are gone : a lot of good words on Fb but no bikes...

• Like 4

i bet that 700cc Maico 2 stroke vibrates like a Mexican Space Shuttle!!

Lol!

Lol!

My old yz400 vibrates like you wouldn’t believe, the whole thing shakes. It’s a great bike though, really good power spread for a non power-valve engine.
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 0:37 PM, ged93 said:

To NyleTheViking : 

The real Maico brand doesn't exist anymore , they tried to revive it with MStar brand and Maico International ( that company has made the famous 700 2s ) , the company that you have seen is not a real manufacturer and also they are using the brand Maico without owning it ( 'Maico' is now property of an electric scooter factory , what a disgusting end for a legend ... ) , finding a 500 2s is easier , then there are a lot of companies that can sell you bored cylinders ( 550 , 560 , 580 and so on ) , go to Opferman Motorsport youtube channel , he knows everything about Maico bikes .

Also there was an english company called BVN Motorsport ( or something like that ) and they had tried to re-start big bores 2s bikes manufacturing but they are gone : a lot of good words on Fb but no bikes...

that debacle was Maico International. 

If you only need a 700cc 2 Stroke contact http://zabel-racing.de/zabel-motoren

They are also in germany and build Sidecar-Engines.

If you have an old Husaberg-Frame with chain on the right side, you can try to fit this engine in.

There is a guy on youtube, who fits a 700cc in an old Husabergframe.

I drove a 700 Maico Supermoto from Köstler. The problem is, that you normaly need a bigger exhaust because of the 700ccm.

Köstler deliver the 700cc with the 500cc exhaust, because there is not a lot space for this thing.

Best regards from germany

Chris

• Like 1

IMG_1332.JPGid love to find a maico similar to the one my uncle is rocking in this race memorabilia pic. It's a '58 or '59 125cc two stoke.

• Like 2