1982 Yamaha it175 clutch won't disengage

So I have recently purchased a Yamaha it175 from 1982 and I'm having a problem with the clutch. I can shift through all the gears and bike runs great and was recently rebuilt. But when you pull the clutch in it doesn't disengage the engine making it so you can't stop unless you put it in neutral and makes it very awkward to get started. When you pull the clutch lever in it doesn't come back out like it should, it's like something disconnected or slipped. The clutch was working great was just riding up and down my road when it stop working. I think that the clutch might be sticking but not sure why it would just start all of a sudden. Hoping to find some pointers on what it could be. Thanks. 

You could have notch in the basket that a plate is now caught in. The push could be bent too. You need to take off the side cover and take a look to see what is going on. 

Always start with the simple things first. Disconnect the cable from the clutch arm and lever and make sure it's slides freely in the sheathing.

• Like 1