Seat Covers?

I bought 2 seat covers from eBay. One for my XR350 and one for my XR80 and they both look great. Didn't have any issues with them at allIMG_3872.jpg

• Like 1

I also have done two seat covers off Ebay, one for a KDX200 & one for a XR200R, both came out really well although the first one took awhile, they both came mint.

Take your time on the first one & use mums hair drier a lot to keep the vinyl soft & pliable, when you are close to finished leave it in the sun for a few hours & let it settle, then you can finish it off if it needs it which it probably won't. 

will do my XR250R next 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Lombardim21 said:

I bought 2 seat covers from eBay. One for my XR350 and one for my XR80 and they both look great. Didn't have any issues with them at allIMG_3872.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, coasty1 said:

I also have done two seat covers off Ebay, one for a KDX200 & one for a XR200R, both came out really well although the first one took awhile, they both came mint.

Take your time on the first one & use mums hair drier a lot to keep the vinyl soft & pliable, when you are close to finished leave it in the sun for a few hours & let it settle, then you can finish it off if it needs it which it probably won't. 

will do my XR250R next 

Did you install the new cover over the existing seat cover?  The reason I ask is that there is nothing wrong with my existing cover other than the wrong colors for the year.

no you take the old one off & staple on the new one, OEMCYCLES was the seller but I have also seen a tutorial on YouTube where a guy just bought some marine vinyl and stretched & stapled it on, also came out mint and that was a stepped road bike seat, warming the material & patience (not my strong suit) is the key.

A red Guts seat?

The color fading is my beef with these Thai ripoffs on ebay. 

All my Guts seats look brand new. I gotta yellow striped seat on a Suzuki and that bike stays outside and hasn't faded. All I do is take the seat off and wash it in my big sink with dish soap. Dry it. Coat ot with wd40. Looks new five years later.

I only bought eBay seat covers because I couldn't find them anywhere else for the XR350. I hope it doesn't fade lol. If it does I'll just change it again.

The getting a Guts comment and the staple gun pneumatic staple gun comments are on point. OP, trust CJ on the Pneumatic cause nothing else cuts it. Plus, I, this is my ghetto a**, I paste pvc glue on the padding before I put the cover on. I used to do 3M spray adhesive, but the pvc glue works way better. Not much more work to brush it on. The brush is in the cap, you do nothing really. But you should really use adhesive or your butt and legs are going to move it around.

And Lombardi, is the 350 seat really that much different than the 250 seat?

My answer is no. When that $20 starts looking like ish, think about a Guts and be forever satisfied.

I'm not really sure but they look like they are pretty much the same size. I will def get a guts seat next time, I just wasn't aware of that company when I bought mine

• Like 1