350 exc with 225 hours? Whats it worth

Heys looking to add a bike to my stable and since I already have a 500 I thought the 350 would be a good addition.  Bike will be used for 90% dirt/10% slab. They don't come up for sale much but I found a 2014 350 exc with 225 hours and 8900 miles.  Seems to me like a bike that's been ridden more on the street than anything.  I know on my 500 the book calls for pretty much a full rebuild at 135 hours.  Are the intervals the same on the 350?  The owner confirms the rebuild has never been done and the suspension has never been serviced, asking price is $5800. Most likely if I purchase the bike I will be doing a compression test and evaluating it from there to see what kind of work it needs but I don't want it blowing up on me 25 miles from my truck. At this point I'm probably leaning towards doing a piston and closely inspecting the valves while the head is off but I'm curious what kind of engine service life people are seeing on these.  Thanks for any help/insight anyone can provide.

Edited by PTECH
  • Like 1

that's a 40mph average and unless hes the fastest guy in the desert then yes the miles are mostly street

I would offer $5K tops

plated bikes do go fast in california. The 350 is a solid mototr, did first piston on mine at 275 hours. The valves have not moved yet at 325 hours. So go for it! Has bike been remapped? Del west valves last forever the only thing that happens is the guides on the exhaust sides can wear causing valves to wear also.

I know you want to do a complete engine evaluation, but if I was the seller, I dont want strangers wrenching around on the motor.    

Especially if the bike is easy to sell. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 5:43 AM, BlackBuzzard said:

I know you want to do a complete engine evaluation, but if I was the seller, I dont want strangers wrenching around on the motor.    

Especially if the bike is easy to sell. 

I meant doing a compression test after i bought it, not in the sellers driveway haha.  

• Like 1

On 6.09.2017 at 8:53 PM, Airboss/oc said:

that's a 40mph average and unless hes the fastest guy in the desert then yes the miles are mostly street

well, even if so street doesn't mean necessarily easy riding...could be racing supermoto etc.

I've got a 16 350 excf. 350 hours on it. 12k. Still on original top end, doesn't burn any oil. Bike still runs strong. Does 90mph no problem on the highway. I take really good care of it. the 350 is a super solid engine.