KTM 150 PV Arm

Hey guys.  I did a search and read 19 pages in the FAQ on another web site and couldn't find a solid answer.  So I bought a 150.  Rode it and it was terrible.  Light switch power band.  Last night I pulled the covers off the "window's" on each side of the cylinder.  I can see on the clutch side that the ball arm from the cases was not properly aligned fork end of the actuator from the cylinder.  I tried to get them together but to no avail.  Do I have to take the cylinder off to get this reconnected or is there a trick?  I tried adjusting the big nut and lowering the ball arm but every time I tried to align it it would raise up and hit the side of the fork arm.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Mark

It's a 2013 SX model.

I pried on one until it cleared the other and at the same time pushed it with a punch to get it to go into the fork.

This is an easy fix. Seat and tank off,  drain the radiator fluid (10mm bolt with copper washer on water pump), remove the 2 cylinder (you call it a jug?)braces and exhaust, remove the rad hose that comes out of the cylinder head and tuck out the way. Spark plug out and stick a screwdriver or similar down plug hole and get the piston to tdc. Remove the 4 x 12mm cylinder nuts and raise the cylinder up, usually no higher than clearing the four studs. (no danger of the piston rings coming below the cylinder as you have it at tdc)  You can't move the 'ball' end that comes out of the crankcase so just move the fork end with a screwdriver - it moves very easily and can move from left to right or vice versa as it rises/falls. Just make sure they are visually aligned as you drop the cylinder back on to its studs. It is easier if you have a buddy to raise the cylinder while you contort yourself to see the parts aligning while he/she lowers the cylinder back down. Refit everything remembering to bleed the water system through the cylinder head - you need to remove the bolt momentarily - easiest done before you refit the engine braces. You can confirm your work by starting the bike and looking through the left hand cover in the cylinder. You will see the arm moving down as you rev the bike and return up as you close the throttle. Take it you have an owner's manual which gives the torque setting for the nuts/bolts you have to tighten. Hope this helps. Cracking good bikes by the way.  Bob.

Edited by 7Tktm
  • Like 2