How much should I sell for?

So about a year ago I got a pretty beat up 09 rmz250. I fixed it up and put a few after market parts on it (FMF Powercore pipe, new grips, sprocket, and a few other smaller parts, I can't remember exactly what I put on it). But it runs and performs like a charm now. I got a great deal on it, and I want to sell it and get a newer YZ250F. I want to know what a fair price would be, with Christmas in a few months, and people already looking for gifts. Only problem is the plastics / graphics have some decent scratches on them from the previous owner. I don't have a title (The previous owner did not have one) I just put some new tires on a few months ago (They have about 4 or 5 rides on them, Little this rubber line down the middle is still on them) I have regularly changed oil, and oil filter.

Here are some side shots of the bike (All the pics I have of it right now)

Photo Sep 06, 8 29 11 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 06, 8 29 22 PM.jpg

Edited by Matt Owen

Depends what area you are in tbh.

Bike prices vary greatly across the US.

1 minute ago, Matt Owen said:

Im in south carolina

Sounds about right then. Try for 2200 and hope for 2000. 

Prices up here in New England are wack and you could probably get 2500.

15 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

So what does "Title" mean over there ?

Is it like Proof of Ownership ?

Most States here in the US title a dirt bike just like a car. Can't license them, but still have to pay sales and personal property taxes on them. Given that you can't plate them, a lot of people don't register older dirt bikes. All good, but it puts them in that dark area of possibly stolen, old lean skipped out on, whatever, shady past. Plus, if it does get stolen, it's gone. In a title State, the police can find it, you know they have it, but with no title (proof of ownership), it's theirs. If they can come up with something from a title search, they'll sell it back to you, but you have to title it and make everything legal. Otherwise they'll sell it for scrap and you're SOL. Some States don't require a title (like a lawn mower), but I don't know how they go about proof of ownership other than possession is 99%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

Most States here in the US title a dirt bike just like a car. Can't license them, but still have to pay sales and personal property taxes on them. Given that you can't plate them, a lot of people don't register older dirt bikes. All good, but it puts them in that dark area of possibly stolen, old lean skipped out on, whatever, shady past. Plus, if it does get stolen, it's gone. In a title State, the police can find it, you know they have it, but with no title (proof of ownership), it's theirs. If they can come up with something from a title search, they'll sell it back to you, but you have to title it and make everything legal. Otherwise they'll sell it for scrap and you're SOL. Some States don't require a title (like a lawn mower), but I don't know how they go about proof of ownership other than possession is 99%.

Yeah, I looked up the VIN number and there its not reported stolen. The guy that I meet to buy it was actually the sellers uncle, and I guess he didn't get the title from him. It sounded fishy, but I called the true seller and got it sorted out