Suspension Expert in Northern ID/WA

I have an 04 CRF230F and I'm looking for some suspension expert in my area. I have a set of XR400R forks, complete with triple clamps, wheel and brake assembly. I also have an XR350R reservoir shock to mount. 

I'm purchasing a BRP upper clamp for the forks - I'm 6'6" and need some stretch - along with a CRF150F shock linkage rocker to raise up the rear end.

Any recommendations on who to go to for this? Thanks!

I've posted this in the Suspension forum as well.

Any bike shop should be able to install the components you have...

But as far as rebuilding or tuning those components for your application, you will likely have to mail the components out to the only guy that has experience in what you are setting up, Bruce Triplett..

Any bike shop should be able to install the components you have...
But as far as rebuilding or tuning those components for your application, you will likely have to mail the components out to the only guy that has experience in what you are setting up, Bruce Triplett..

I see Bruce's name pop up - I'm looking at rebuilding the forks and shock with tuning. I'll check with him, thanks!

Would like to know if any comparable tuners are on the West Coast, NC is a long way from Idaho.

14 hours ago, MarkandtheBRP said:

I have an 04 CRF230F and I'm looking for some suspension expert in my area. I have a set of XR400R forks, complete with triple clamps, wheel and brake assembly. I also have an XR350R reservoir shock to mount. 

I'm purchasing a BRP upper clamp for the forks - I'm 6'6" and need some stretch - along with a CRF150F shock linkage rocker to raise up the rear end.

Any recommendations on who to go to for this? Thanks!

I've posted this in the Suspension forum as well.

CB Racing in Kelso Wa. Craig Bowman 360-957-3385 He can do what you need. Been doing great suspension work for 30+ years.

• Like 2

I forgot to tell you to leave a voice mail as he still works a regular job with a rotating shift. He always calls back!

Had a great chat with Bruce today- he had a lot of insights and I'm going to approach it his way. In the long run I want the bike to be set up right for me, with components that work. I'm not racing it, just some awesome trail riding and exploring.

Maybe it is a little more $$ than I was planning, but waaaay less that buying an XTrainer or some other bike that I'll still have to spend more $$ on because of my size.

• Like 2