How much would you pay for a brand new 2012 CRF 250 ??

As hard as it might seem to believe, there is a dealer in the Midwest that has a still-new 2012 CRF 250 on their floor.  They are insanely asking $5999 for the bike.  Just wondering what you guys would pay for a brand new 2012 250R.  I was thinking maybe $4000, what do you think?

Edited by thsp485

That's a seriously bad dealership for them to be sitting on "aged inventory" for 5 years. No doubt if you offer them $4k they will retort with a "that's way below our cost". Which is wrong as they have not factored in the deprecated cost of the asset. 

My Advise:

Do your home work on what the going rate on a clean well maintained 2012 goes for. 

Talk to the owner (not the sales guy), offer them market price plus $200. 

• Like 1

For reference, I bought a brand new 2006 RM-Z450($6599 USD MSRP) in 2010 for $3500 cash out the door. Show up with 4k cash, I bet they bite. If not, walk out.

Some dealers are just snakes and put maximum margin over building trust and creating loyal customers. If they think they can get maximum dollar from you then they will try.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I bought a bran new never used "leftover" 2013 RMZ450 a couple months ago for $3600 "out the door" price... I live in North Dakota and they just had this bike sitting on their floor for 4 years and couldn't sell the last one (one benefit to living in the absolute most shitty place on the planet) they wanted $4000 I offered $3000 we agreed on $3300! I'm incredibly stoked! It's all about confidence... don't let them rape you. I bet if you had $3000-$3500 they'd give it it to you!

• Like 4