Long distance adventures/riding

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster!

Im planning on doing a almost 5000km ride on my 2014 250l with about 18000km's (top end rebuilt on it at 10k due to thinking it was a submarine) on her this christmas time ive got about a 40 days to do it so its not going to be a race there. Im going From wa to qld perth to brisbane basically, i was just looking for some advice on things i may need to watch out for on the bike or just seeing if anyone eles has done a long distance ride on there bike and could offer advice on things i might need to take or even if you have done this ride and know of good spots to stop off and see. Would love to hear your stories and advice any advice is good advice!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G955F using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 9/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, Jakerb said:

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster!

Im planning on doing a almost 5000km ride on my 2014 250l with about 18000km's (top end rebuilt on it at 10k due to thinking it was a submarine) on her this christmas time ive got about a 40 days to do it so its not going to be a race there. Im going From wa to qld perth to brisbane basically, i was just looking for some advice on things i may need to watch out for on the bike or just seeing if anyone eles has done a long distance ride on there bike and could offer advice on things i might need to take or even if you have done this ride and know of good spots to stop off and see. Would love to hear your stories and advice any advice is good advice!

Thanks guys!

I did a 2200 mile trip this past July on my 2014, in 9 days, mostly offroad. 

Take tubes,tube patch kit, compressor,tire tools,tire irons. and any other tools you think you may need.

I had zero mechanical problems on the bike.

As long as you start with a bike in decent shape, you should be good. These things are tanks!

• Like 2

Oh nice that sounds like it was fun! Yeah ive got a tool roll i allways carry when i go riding just incase! And thats good to hear reliability was my only concern.

Same for me. I've done a couple of long rides on my bike, 2,000km in 7 days in Morocco,  and a 2,500km desert race earlier this year. Both times I took all the items recommended above plus spare oil and air filters for the race, (maybe worth taking depending on the terrain you'll be riding? ). I never had any mechanical problems at all, as others say these bikes seem pretty bulletproof,  I only needed the tools for repairing crash damage and doing an oil change.

• Like 2

Same for me. I've done a couple of long rides on my bike, 2,000km in 7 days in Morocco,  and a 2,500km desert race earlier this year. Both times I took all the items recommended above plus spare oil and air filters for the race, (maybe worth taking depending on the terrain you'll be riding? ). I never had any mechanical problems at all, as others say these bikes seem pretty bulletproof,  I only needed the tools for repairing crash damage and doing an oil change.

Man a desert race that sounds like fun! How was it!? And it should just be mostly back roads and gravel roads for the most part ive got a month ive got a ruff route but im open to anything haha!
Thats reassuring tho that so many people have been saying the bike is so reliable.

Hi Jakerb

Here's a link to the page where I told the story of the desert race:

It was quite an ordeal, but apart from a lack of power for riding in sand the Honda performed way better than most people expected it to. 

Good luck with your trip.