2017/18 foot peg springs breaking

My right foot peg spring just broke.  Weird.  But in doing some searches this appears to be a known problem with dealers not knowing how to install them.  So if you bought a new bike check that they know what they are doing prior to picking the bike up.  If you already bought one check because they will break.  

5 hours ago, Sycamore said:

My right foot peg spring just broke.  Weird.  But in doing some searches this appears to be a known problem with dealers not knowing how to install them.  So if you bought a new bike check that they know what they are doing prior to picking the bike up.  If you already bought one check because they will break.  

Mine broke in the first 5 hours. Replaced them and haven't had a problem at 190 hrs

Is this another known issue I dont know about.  lol.  So the brake spring is junk and it's also wearing through the holder in the case?

I put my peg springs in the proper way.  It took about 5 minutes each side.  I cant believe they were put in the way they were, seems so obvious to do it the right way.  

31 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

Is this another known issue I dont know about.  lol.  So the brake spring is junk and it's also wearing through the holder in the case?

I put my peg springs in the proper way.  It took about 5 minutes each side.  I cant believe they were put in the way they were, seems so obvious to do it the right way.  

The spring is fine. Many have to turn it around so their boot doesn't detach it. 

The clutch cover has a thin brass insert. Once through that it will keep going. I added SS 3/16 pop rivet to the cover and brake pedel.

It's not a good design.

14 minutes ago, seer said:

The spring is fine. Many have to turn it around so their boot doesn't detach it. 

The clutch cover has a thin brass insert. Once through that it will keep going. I added SS 3/16 pop rivet to the cover and brake pedel.

It's not a good design.

Pix?