Oil pump bolt torque and thread sealants

For some reason my manual doesn't list a torque spec or give an indicator on whether or not to anti-seize or loctitie the bolts that secure the oil pump. Does anyone have a manual that has a spec? Or what is everyone doing?

definitely no antiseize inside the engine....no Loctite need,i torque them the same as the valve cover...

if......you use antiseize on anything,,be aware that factory torque specs will be too high,,all anti seize compounds have a reduced torque spec,,depends on the type/manufacturer...  about 15-25% reduction is common..

B

1 minute ago, brianhare said:

definitely no antiseize inside the engine....no Loctite need,i torque them the same as the valve cover...

if......you use antiseize on anything,,be aware that factory torque specs will be too high,,all anti seize compounds have a reduced torque spec,,depends on the type/manufacturer...  about 15-25% reduction is common..

B

That depends. Head bolts for instance it frequently says to put a bit of oil on which is factored into torque specs so using anti-seize instead would likely have the same specs. Use the manual and be thoughtful is most important imho.

9 hours ago, Tmosely1 said:

For some reason my manual doesn't list a torque spec or give an indicator on whether or not to anti-seize or loctitie the bolts that secure the oil pump. Does anyone have a manual that has a spec? Or what is everyone doing?

Like Brian said above, it's 7 ft/lbs, the same as the small head rocker cover bolts.  There are lots of bolts that follow the standard torque specs based on their thread and head size. I'm not sure which manual you have but the Honda manual lists the torque on page 1-14.  I'll post up the table when I'm back to the 'puter if you still need it.

I already PM'd him the 7 lbs torque.

If he plans on using a torque wrench for doing these bolts I believe he will be stripping them all.

• Like 3