Deceleration exhaust crackle

A stock bike should make nearly no noise on Decel. The S and SM (and most of the E's these days) all have a decel carb circuit that, along with the stock, unmodified muffler, do an excellent job of quenching decel pops. Though I imagine if you forced the bike into over rev you might get a few mild ones. I would not be too concerned. You should hear my SM with the uncorked Yosh Ti on decel. - 'Rappitty pap-pap-pap!'

• Like 1

Mine is brand new (only 110 miles) and does the same thing. It surges sometimes when at a constant steady throttle. What should we look at it, it take it back to the dealer and have them look at it?

Edited by corey4

Sounds like it sat in the showroom for a while after they ran it.the pilot circuit is parcially clogged

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, TNate93 said:

When I'm high in the revs and come off the throttle my exhaust crackles

Try tightening the bolt/clamp where the headpipe meets the muffler, you could have an exhaust leak

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dmouse said:

Try tightening the bolt/clamp where the headpipe meets the muffler, you could have an exhaust leak

i tried the header pipe, it was tight at the engine block.  on my bike, a 2017, there is no bolt/clamp where the head pipe meets the muffler.  it's all welded.

so do i really have to tear into the carb?  is this something the dealer should take care of?

Just now, corey4 said:

i tried the header pipe, it was tight at the engine block.  on my bike, a 2017, there is no bolt/clamp where the head pipe meets the muffler.  it's all welded.

so do i really have to tear into the carb?  is this something the dealer should take care of?

I was answering the OPs post, your problem of surging sounds carb related. Try a strong batch of seafoam in your gas tank, it's worth a try, otherwise, especially if it's under warranty, take it back to the dealer