Passing Nitrogen through a closed valve

Hi guys

I was asked to recharge 2 Sachs rear shocks story goes my no loss compression adapter will not close as the valve stem of the Sachs is a tat shorter.

So I was thinking that I could press the 150psi through the valve directly, would that work? Who has done it? Would be great to get an answer today ;) 

Edited by arnego2

Don't understand ? You can buy Schrader extension

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

If you are wondering if you do not have to depress the valve to pressurize the shock, you are correct, you do not. Your pressure only has to exceed the current pressure in the shock and a little more to over come the spring in the valve. So... it you set your regulator to 150PSI, your shock will be slightly less. Which is why there is a special adapter after attached to the shock, it is used to open the valve, you fill the shock to the correct psi and then you close the valve, then remove the adapter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mog said:

Don't understand ? You can buy Schrader extension

19 hours ago, William1 said:

If you are wondering if you do not have to depress the valve to pressurize the shock, you are correct, you do not. Your pressure only has to exceed the current pressure in the shock and a little more to over come the spring in the valve. So... it you set your regulator to 150PSI, your shock will be slightly less. Which is why there is a special adapter after attached to the shock, it is used to open the valve, you fill the shock to the correct psi and then you close the valve, then remove the adapter.

Thx William that would do the trick 

Buying a Schrader extension over here I doubt that they sell it, my lossless adapter came from eBay as they are not sold locally. 

Edited by arnego2
  • Like 1

eBay sell the schrader extension

5 minutes ago, mog said:

eBay sell the schrader extension

Sure does but there are only 2 guys over here needing their Nitrogen, and they would no like to wait 4 or 6 weeks of the schrader Extension. 

• Like 1

Thanks guy. I doubt pretty much that they are even present over here but I can tell you that we successfully recharged the shocks with 150 to 160PSI of Nitrogen.

My Bottle does not allow for precise measure, and the no loss adapter does not fit tight.  Thanks again for all suggestions ;)  

• Like 1