Remove Baja Designs Kit

Ive had my 2007 CRF450X for about a year now, bought it from someone who was using it for dual sport duty. I basically trailer it and ride singletrack and maybe 10% road so I do not need the DS kit on it. 

I hate the keyed ignition, the clunky light/turn/kill switch, and the mess of wires behind the headlight. I have removed all the turn signals and the bike has a TrailTech which I want to upgrade. 

The whole kit seems spliced in and Im not sure I want to just remove stuff and not be able to get it to fire up, Has anyone installed or removed this kit?

Does anyone have any suggestions parts-wise for replacing the kill-switch button back to stock and making sure the thing still runs after I take the kit off?

I plan to run an off-road LED light bar and just a basic front plate. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

Ive had my 2007 CRF450X for about a year now, bought it from someone who was using it for dual sport duty. I basically trailer it and ride singletrack and maybe 10% road so I do not need the DS kit on it. 
I hate the keyed ignition, the clunky light/turn/kill switch, and the mess of wires behind the headlight. I have removed all the turn signals and the bike has a TrailTech which I want to upgrade. 
The whole kit seems spliced in and Im not sure I want to just remove stuff and not be able to get it to fire up, Has anyone installed or removed this kit?
Does anyone have any suggestions parts-wise for replacing the kill-switch button back to stock and making sure the thing still runs after I take the kit off?
I plan to run an off-road LED light bar and just a basic front plate. 
Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey Sam, I just bought a 2007 crf450x and I'm in the same boat, the owner dual sported it and Jerry rigged some electrical parts, if you get a chance to take off the stuff you don't want, I would buy it from you. I don't have any suggestions for your problem though

You can download the BD installation instructions and just work in reverse, removing everything from the bike.

I have the directions for 450x, as my kit was installed a couple months ago. It is a word doc file.

Cannot attach this type of file in forum.