Jeremy Martin and Zach Osbourne

Seems everyone bagged on herlings for staying 250 and he's 23 and Osborne is how old ?

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mog said:

Seems everyone bagged on herlings for staying 250 and he's 23 and Osborne is how old ?

I'm guessing the difference in success had a lot to do with that......

40 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I'm guessing the difference in success had a lot to do with that......

The people that bagged on Herlings were also bagging on Davalos who didn't share the same success. Same with Osbourne...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

The people that bagged on Herlings were also bagging on Davalos who didn't share the same success. Same with Osbourne...

Exactly.  I think they bagged on both (or all three) for the same reason, they didn't bag on Herlings and give Osborne a pass.

• Like 1

I dunno. Maybe.

I don't care either way, but Herlings was way more relevant at an early age and was winning right off the bat. So in reference to MOG's comment, I still think the fact remains. If Osborne was in the USA the whole time and followed the same path as Davalos, then maybe he'd be criticized the same. But since he came back and has gotten better each year, I think people were happy to see him get the title. Now I can see critics argument for him moving up, but until he won the title. I thought it was cool watching him get better each year, since coming back to the USA. All 3 had different paths and have faced a different amount of criticism, from what I have seen. (Herlings>Davalos>Osbourne)

I think winning both titles means he should move up , what's he waiting for ?

• Like 1

AMA 250 outdoors isn't an entry class per se.  Unlike Supercross, it is a true National class that has no age limit, no pointing out, no nothing. It is just like the original 250 GP classes that Joel Robert won what...7 championships ?  Anyone racing GP's in the 250 class nowdays is running an entry class with an age limit. Herlings would be forced to move up sooner or later. Anybody bagging on Herlings or anyone else needs to get a life. As long as no one is breaking the rules he should be able to race whatever class he wants to as long as he is eligible. As far as Davalos, the 250 was the only place he could get a ride so it was that or retire. Osborne has an option this coming year to race either class. He has one more year in Supercross and then he will be forced to move up. I personally would like to see him defend his title. I also would like the 250's in Supercross to become a full national championship without regions. I would like a 3rd class running 125 2 strokes in Supercross as a region  with 4 regions but this ain't going to happen. Making Arenacross the entry to Supercross was stupid.....

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Budlite said:

AMA 250 outdoors isn't an entry class per se.  Unlike Supercross, it is a true National class that has no age limit, no pointing out, no nothing. It is just like the original 250 GP classes that Joel Robert won what...7 championships ?  Anyone racing GP's in the 250 class nowdays is running an entry class with an age limit. Herlings would be forced to move up sooner or later. Anybody bagging on Herlings or anyone else needs to get a life. As long as no one is breaking the rules he should be able to race whatever class he wants to as long as he is eligible. As far as Davalos, the 250 was the only place he could get a ride so it was that or retire. Osborne has an option this coming year to race either class. He has one more year in Supercross and then he will be forced to move up. I personally would like to see him defend his title. I also would like the 250's in Supercross to become a full national championship without regions. I would like a 3rd class running 125 2 strokes in Supercross as a region  with 4 regions but this ain't going to happen. Making Arenacross the entry to Supercross was stupid.....

Well said

• Like 1

All of these riders mentioned were and are just doing what their employer requires they do 

• Like 2

The latest news is that Osborne will do 250SX, then move to the 450 outdoors, while Jeremy Martin was to do the same, but now rumor has him staying on the 250 outdoors, too.

Herlings was ready to move up and sign with Honda when he was 19 to ride a 450. But then KTM handed him a blank check and said what do you want, making him the highest paid rider at the time. He was going to move up last year if he wasnt made to ride an 85 at some race breaking his leg. 

Davalos signed a 450 contract with Husky but was demoted for Pourcel.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

He was going to move up last year if he wasnt made to ride an 85 at some race breaking his leg.  

???

He did a charity ride on a 85 and broke his femur , I think it was 15 ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

???

He broke his leg in  in 2014 at a charity race on an 85 and rebroke it in 2015 costing him the title both years.  

If he didn't re injure it in 15 he would've moved up in 16. 

• Like 2

2014 was the broken femur.

2017 – Broken Metacarpus (bone in the hand)

2016 – Broken Collarbone

2015 – Dislocated hip, Broken collarbone

2014 – Fractured Femur

• Like 3

On 9/8/2017 at 9:19 PM, thsp485 said:

The latest news is that Osborne will do 250SX, then move to the 450 outdoors, while Jeremy Martin was to do the same, but now rumor has him staying on the 250 outdoors, too.

I hope they run Osborne in the West so that he can ride a 450 a few times in the East to get a little 450 seat time before the outdoors start. If Husky does this PC would be smart to run AC in the East......