Another Method To Track Stolen Dirt Bikes

I just came across this device and thought it might be useful to anyone who fears having their bike stolen, or for those who want to set up a sting operation. I did not do any research on it as I thought I would leave that up to you guys that are smarter than I am at this kind of stuff. Anyway, here is the link;

http://comparisons.org/this-amazing-device-lets-you-track-your-vehicle-using-your-smartphone-v2.php?aff=1233&sub=TrackR_US_D

Unpowered device? It seems to me that at best, it is bluetooth so you have to be very close to get a signal from it (like within ten feet). It certainly is not transmitting a singal to a stellite and then to a cell system to your phone. Most likely it is a RFID that is tuned to pick up on a cell phone transmission when it is within a foot. Total gimmick.

Edit: Just read up. It is a bluetooth device, dependent on a cell phone paired with it being nearby. So any cellphone user with only the tracker nearby will know something is pinging their phone and will hunt it down. Stupid gimmick.

• Like 2