4T clutch pack

Steel and fibers; OEM ?  Is that what I should use?

Plan: remove all plates, judders and spacers, install only the new plates and fibers, replacing the half-thickness plate with one of the old full-thickness plates.

Then I will machind the Boano dual adjustable clutch lever so I can pre-load the hydralics and move the lever closer. As it is now, it will not move the lever any closer than stock, only farther out.

I ended up replacing all the fiber plates with Barnett Kevlar plates. I removed the judder & spacer plates and replaced the narrow plate with a standard width plate. That was more for having all the plates the same. Looking at the clutch hub I don't think a full width plate really makes much difference vs the narrow plate as the extra width doesn't touch anything.

My steel plates were pretty new and looked good when they came out. If they had looked discolored or warped I'd have replaced them.

I'm running Mobil 1 multi-vehicle full synth ATF fluid. It has improved clutch release but it's still not up to the action on most of my other bikes.

I believe one problem is the clutch only uses 4 pressure springs which may not keep the pressure plate as stable when released as more springs. If the pressure plate tilts a bit when released it will increase drag.

I'd like to know the detail changes they made to the 2018 clutches that were supposed to be improved. Oil distribution/flow might be a factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using ThumperTalk mobile app

I machined the Boano lever to allow for more range of adjustment. The allenhead adjuster was all the way out, and it was still in the stock position.

Now the lever is 10mm closer to the bar than before, at the grab point.

New oem plates are on their way. 

3 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

I machined the Boano lever to allow for more range of adjustment. The allenhead adjuster was all the way out, and it was still in the stock position.

Now the lever is 10mm closer to the bar than before, at the grab point.

New oem plates are on their way. 

Did you go through a clutch already? Was it slipping? I only ask because we have over 100 hours on a bike with the stock clutch and it's still working perfect. 

6 hours ago, ccullins said:

Did you go through a clutch already? Was it slipping? I only ask because we have over 100 hours on a bike with the stock clutch and it's still working perfect. 

No, the parts are not here yet. 

The clutch is slipping, I think. Hard to tell. The visual inspection will show it.  I'm heavy, and I run in a gear high all the time and feather the clutch constantly, so since I wanted remove/replace the judder parts, I thought I'd do a plate change too.  I too am at 100 hours.  Dang, but those oem plates are not cheap....