Looking at a 2004 DR650 w 24k miles...thoughts?

Hi all, new to DRs. Sold my RMZ450 and stopped racing motocross a few years ago and the motorcycle itch is killing me. I've been looking at XR650Ls and DRZ400s but haven't found one I liked. Came across this DR650: 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcy/d/2004-suzuki-dr650/6295722542.html

I spoke to the brother of the owner (who is selling the bike); he is very knowledgeable about the bike and the many mods. I researched the mods a bit an they all look like stuff I'd like to have done but would probably never get to, so they're a plus. A few questions: 

1) Should I be concerned about the 24k miles? What kind of work will need to be done in the next 10-30k miles? 

2) Thoughts on the price? I can't find much to compare it to. Cheaper than comparable XR650L's by about a grand....makes it very tempting. I assume as long as it's in good shape it will be worth at least $2k? 

Thanks for any and all comments. Love these forums!

As someone who recently bought a 2014 with some, but not all of these quality mods, for twice the price of this one, I would say that it is a very good buy. I would go for it.

agree, its a great buy. however, if it were me... i'd buy a stock carb & airbox and then sell the FCR

while it performs well, i had one on my 650 & there was no end of jetting & tweaking. the mileage just dwindled over time & parts wear out on a slide carb.

the 24k would not scare me, these motors are very hearty. dont let this bike get away

45 minutes ago, plugeye said:

agree, its a great buy. however, if it were me... i'd buy a stock carb & airbox and then sell the FCR

while it performs well, i had one on my 650 & there was no end of jetting & tweaking. the mileage just dwindled over time & parts wear out on a slide carb.

the 24k would not scare me, these motors are very hearty. dont let this bike get away

Interesting, thanks. I'll ask about how long ago it was done. 10k of the 24k was apparently one (awesome) summer. I don't want constant tweaking, but if parts wear out and can be replaced that's fine. I'm probably being overly optimistic about the number of miles I'd potentially put on it with 3 kids....

BUY IT!!!!

All those mods double the cost / value of the bike!  FYI:  I bought an FCR from MXrob, the guy that came up with the kitted FCR's for DR650's, I've had it for 2 years now and have had ZERO problems with it.  If it's done right you should never have an issue with that carb.  As for 24k on the clock, I do not think that it's an issue.  I've got almost 30k on mine and see no reason why it won't go another 30k, post this same question on advrider and you'll find many DR650's have gone will past 40 or 50k with average maintenance.