Sad Day

I just sold my last XR. I'm 60 and need an electric leg.

I listed this big bore kit, that I never used, for sale.

• Like 2

I'm 51 and got an XR 400 for my last hurrah of riding. I'm still good w/her and kicking her starter, but know it won't be much longer. Sorry to hear your situation. I think we all are headed your direction one day. 

Find a way to keep riding if that is what you really want to do. There is always a way - maybe not exactly how you want it, but still a way.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:57 PM, coyote xr said:

I'm 51 and got an XR 400 for my last hurrah of riding. I'm still good w/her and kicking her starter, but know it won't be much longer. Sorry to hear your situation. I think we all are headed your direction one day. 

Last hurrah? I'm 62 with no plans on slowing down! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Last hurrah? I'm 62 with no plans on slowing down! :thumbsup:

I agree. I'm 50 and just getting back into it!!

And y'all wanna talk about problems kickstarting!

At least its not my Right foot. But still, leaning my 175lbs, And a 2-300lb bike into that base of a Left leg..is HARD, and painful. Im actually still not back on dirt yet. The times Ive been, someone else started the bike.

And I thought Id be better and just built a hi comp big bore kick start bike that I cant kick. Only bikes I can kick start are small ones I dont have to lean left to kick.

Thats why I say xr650l 

IMG_4787.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b3312acf975e3c54That looks like vertebrae though, gnarly. I compressed disks but nothing that bad. No implants there. From hip to ankle my L looks like that. Crucial man, your backbone.

I was turned left into. I was going N 30mph, they were going S. Left, no signal, no yield, I went under the car and got dragged 77 feet. Legs not even half as bad as my brain injury. Diffuse Axonal Injury. I had three brain surgeries. A craneotomy, a ventriculostomy, and a VP shunt put in. Then after Id for sure survive, they did four leg surgeries...

And they never found the person who hit me. 

Ive only been on dirt once since 7/14. And I cant kick start.

Good for you slash. The Xs are nice.

3480571_1424919629.12_funddescription.jpg

Edited by notoriousE-R-I-C
  • Like 1

> <a href=https://thumpertalk.com/uploads/monthly_2017_09/3480571_1424919629.12_funddescription.jpg.17404345a191bb473def820b939a0083.jpg' alt='3480571_1424919629.12_funddescription.jpg.17404345a191bb473def820b939a0083.jpg'>

Dude that is BRUTAL!
I heard a story (don’t remember if it was a car/bike/pedestrian) of a guy who, years later, sought out the guy he hit and confessed/apologized. I can’t imagine living with that hit n’ run guilt.
  • Like 1

I have the multi hole plate they took out of my left leg probably the same as your longer one I broke mine a second time fishing 4 miles up river from anyone and had to crawl out

now i have a rod from my knee to my ankle ....Im not stopping just being more careful , I ride back country snowmobiles as well as bikes .

• Like 1