crf 100 replacement carburetor

Hey all,

I just picked up an '06 CRF100F with a cheap Chinese POS carburetor on it.  Is there an aftermarket carb brand that is better than the others, and where do I get 'em?  I was going to rebuild it, but since I've never even heard of the brand, I'm thinking it might be best to start fresh.

The bike appears stock other than the exhaust, and I'm going to convert it into a mini-motard for kart track duty.

Thanks,

Geoff

• Like 1

I'd be wondering why it was replaced in the first place, I've had a number of XR 80s n XR 100's (same motors as CRF's) n none of them ever needed a carb change. The only one worth having is OEM in my opinion. These bikes don't always idle perfectly with the original carb it's kind of the way it is with them but replacing the carb with an aftermarket usually isn't the correct fix or even necessary. It may be valve issue, worn rings or other issues however in my experience it's rarely been the carb.

Sent from my SM-G930P using ThumperTalk mobile app

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too.  The seller claimed to be a mechanic, but since he lost the fuel screw's spring, washer and o-ring, and just cranked the screw down, I'm starting to doubt his ability.

• Like 1

I would look for an used oem carb on ebay if he didn't also give u the old oem that came with the bike. If u have the old one n all the parts are there clean it up good with carb cleaner n compressed air n slap it on. I bought one aftermarket carb for a $100 PW50 I once bought that had no carb. Even tho the aftermarket cost only like $30 it was a total waste of money. Bought a used oem one, changed the primary coil n it ran perfectly til I sold it 2 years later for $250. Don't waste ur hard earned $$ on an aftermarket carb..

That's what I'm hearing from everybody. :-(   I just ordered an OEM carb, so we'll see how it goes.

I did get the current one cleaned up and back together and it will at least idle now, but I'd still rather have something I can get parts for (like the OE one.)

• Like 1

Good move, hopefully you'll install it n be in ur way! Keep us informed please, those are extremely reliable bikes n will last decades with minimal effort... u should have loads of fun!