White smoke where header meets muffler (new member)

Hello all, new to the group!  I just bought my first '08 DRZ400sm about two weeks ago.  It has been running fine until I went to start it this morning and noticed white smoke coming from where the header meets the muffler.  I have an FMF Q4 muffler with the stock header.  I noticed already that the specific junction between header and muffler did not seal perfect but never saw smoke.  The bike sounded fine but the smoke was concerning.  For context, I washed the bike for the first time 3 days ago and had not started it since.  I am not sure if that could be related but figured it was worth noting just in case.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!!  

Since you mentioned you washed the bike it could be water burning off in the pipe. I've heard of this happening but never actually seen it for myself.

Don't worry since that was soon after start. Warm it up, give it a ride and everything will be fine :)

If you have a thick white exhaust smoke after it was warmed up well, then you can start to worry. 

I get white-ish smoke-ish steam-ish vapor comming off the pipe after I overshoot some WD... but usually burns off by the time I stop at the first redlight after leaving home

13 hours ago, WhiskersFox said:

Maybe.  I just wouldnt imagine it to be so white.  I would think more clear/ white since it is just steam.  

Soap residue? This just a wild ass guess though.

It's 99% just something evaporating from there that came on from outside. So just ride and don't worry. I would imagine if it is coming out of the engine the smoke would be at the end of the pipe not where it connects. Except if it's clogged. 

Well I started it and ran it for about 10 mins idling and then checked the oil and the dip stick was completely dry.  I added oil and tried to recheck but my battery died.  My concern is that oil is leaking somewhere internally because there is no exterior leaks I can see.