Moab jetting question

i'm heading to Moab in a couple weeks and am wanting to make sure my 09 yz250 is ready.

my current jetting set for 9000ish ft is 40pj, #8 slide, NECJ 3rd clip, 160mj, as1.5.

it looks like Moab is around 4000ft

should i go to a 42pj, 165mj and play with the air screw or do i need to go fatter?

also, would dropping my needle down to the 2nd clip do anything for me at my current 9000ft??

My YZ250 is jetted for my local 5000-6500 ft winter. When I went to Moab last October (warm) I had to tweak the fuel screw opposite what I expected.

You will have to go a couple sizes fatter on the main; 42 pilot will be borderline.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks Yardsale!!

I live at that elevation.

I'm running a 42 pilot and 165mj. I would think a 168 would be perfect with cooler temps or if temps stay 80+ run the 165.

My Suk needle necj is at clip 2. It's perfect.

• Like 1

very good, thanks RMK800!

can you recommend some good technical trails?  a few years ago we took some guys on porcupine rim trail...after that, they wouldn't ride with us anymore:))

very good, thanks RMK800!
can you recommend some good technical trails?  a few years ago we took some guys on porcupine rim trail...after that, they wouldn't ride with us anymore:))

Boy, I don't do a lot of Moab, I actually prefer the white wash area.. it's about 45m north and west of Moab... just south of green river 15 miles. there some great rides south of white wash.

just googled it...that looks like a pretty cool place, might have to take a day and try it!

just googled it...that looks like a pretty cool place, might have to take a day and try it!

Ya it's definitely worth spending a day at. It's a hidden local spot...There is a bunch of YouTube videos to give you an idea on the terrain.
  • Like 1

IMG_1084.thumb.jpg.68a43cb3b79ab22b7ad401279ee2875f.jpg

Here is a trail I like. You can see the start by Slick Rock start, then I hook on to the red butt trail.

If your really into technical rides. Go ride hells revenge by goblin valley. It's about 1:30 from Moab. You will see more radiator parts then any trail you have been on

Also remember to look in the Rocky Mountain forum, I'm sure there is good info on moab specific rides.

• Like 1

RMK800, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!  Thanks for the ride map suggestion, i'll try to get the guys to venture up there and try it out.  the guys i'm meeting in moab are driving in from central tx, i'm a bit closer in NE new mexico.  seems like i've heard of hells revenge, it sounds like a trail i'd like for sure!!

kinda funny, the time we took porcupine rim trail, we had just pulled in to moab to our hotel.  while we were unloading our gear a local guy came riding up so we ask about the trails.  he's the one that said we ought to try PR trail.  he told us he was on his way to work & couldn't go w/us but would come by the next morn and go ride w/us and show us around.  the next morn he shows up, ask where we had found to ride the day before, we told him we rode PR trail after slick rock...he couldn't believe we actually RODE it and decided he didn't want to ride with us after all.  a few of the guys took us off their christmas list because of that trail but i thought it was a fun challenging ride:))