Top end oil leak?

Anyone know what this leak might be coming from? I think it's oil.. I thought it might be coming from a gasket leak somewhere up top. I've also tried to tighten the two Allen bolts above the RVCA but that didn't seem to help  IMG_1149.thumb.JPG.931b8c3aaba1ab6ab59d826fb3b66a61.JPG

Take off the tank, make sure no breather hoses are ripped, looks to me like it is the valve adjustment holes. Those are the silver caps make sure there tight if they are and thats where the leak is take them off and clean the mating surface than reinstall if an o ring is cracked replace it

While the tank is off I would also spray the motor down with degreaser let it sit a minute than rinse with water this will get rid of all the oil on the motor that way you will know if it still leaks

Because the oil will wash away the dirt, an oil leak can usually found at the cleanest oily area (does that make sense?).  

In your case I'd say that is a front left corner rocker cover gasket leak.  Both edges of that interface are missing all the dirt and everything else around it is collecting it.

Edited by Hollerhead
  • Like 1

Thanks y’all. I checked the valve adjustment holes and I don’t think that’s it.. also, I cleaned that gasket line initially because I thought that was the leak. But after riding for a while, nothing seemed to come out of there. 

I think it’s those Allen wrench bolts directly above the RFVC. Does anyone know what those are called? There’s a copper washer in there and I think I need a new one. 

I ordered those copper washers for the rocker arm shafts and replaced them. Rode around for a few hours and no more oil. Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

Just curious how you got the rocker shafts out and back in without dropping any of the washers inside?

13 minutes ago, fopa13 said:

Just curious how you got the rocker shafts out and back in without dropping any of the washers inside?

No washers to drop on the rocker arms and long shafts; they are only on the sub rockers and short shafts.

Edited by Hollerhead