Drz 400 Upgrades

In the process of modding Drz I intend to buy 41mx carb, spoke with rep I mentioned cams, he said that cams & bbk affect the reliability of the drz, also he told me that the carb and pipe are the only two mods that wouldn't affect the reliability. Are cams and bbk really worth getting? I will continue commuting on my drz but I also would like to build my bike for optimum potential to hit the track soon

Tracking a DRZ? Do all the mods you want, it's still slow. Doesn't mean it's not fun. I have both and it's been dead reliable for 12k.

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

Tracking a DRZ? Do all the mods you want, it's still slow. Doesn't mean it's not fun. I have both and it's been dead reliable for 12k.

Indeed. Until you halve the flywheel weight, you will always pay a penalty on the tarmac. If you like enduros with heavier flywheels, the 44oz Trail Tech is a nice option.

Slow can be fixed.

It would be cost prohibitive to make her slim. Lots and lots of titanium and carbon fiber and modifications.

MX Actions just re-released an article I remember reading as a kid. They built a 164 lb CR125. Nothing is impossible.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app