'16 WR450 Waterproof Relays

The other day I went to restart my bike and nothing happened. Push the button and no click, no dash, no crank etc.  I was able to start it fine with the kickstart. Once I got home I realized one of the wires on the starter cut-off relay had come out of the connector. I also found lots of corrosion in the relay connector as well as the connectors for the 3 other relays. All electrical connectors are sealed/waterproof expect for the 4 relays in the back which use cheap connectors and are wide open to the elements. 

Does anyone know of a sealed relay connector for this size of relay? Such as a Deutsch or Weatherpack style?  I've found several online for larger relays but none for this size. Also, does anyone make a relay cover for this bike, I'm surprised Yamaha left them out in the open like that(especially considering the bad connectors). 

I had already cleaned along the corrosion off before taking these pics. 

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

You could also try spraying the connection in question with ACF-50 which would almost guaranteed stop corrosion in its tracks,and it doesn't wash off well if it gets wet. Maybe repeat this every few months. 

2 hours ago, Qball1982 said:

You could also try spraying the connection in question with ACF-50 which would almost guaranteed stop corrosion in its tracks,and it doesn't wash off well if it gets wet. Maybe repeat this every few months. 

With EFI bikes, the electrical system has to become a part of routine maintenance. I am not a dielectric grease fan as it is difficult to apply, attracts dirt and doesn't get into crevices. My product of choice is CRC 2-26 (I am sure there are other products that fill the bill).

On 9/10/2017 at 10:17 PM, DaveCR said:

With EFI bikes, the electrical system has to become a part of routine maintenance. I am not a dielectric grease fan as it is difficult to apply, attracts dirt and doesn't get into crevices. My product of choice is CRC 2-26 (I am sure there are other products that fill the bill).

Do you disconnect all the connectors and spray the crc into them?

For non waterproof connectors, like the spade terminals on the relays, battery connections, etc., no, I spray the connector directly. Waterproof connectors I pull apart and spray the inside. My WR is plated, so the switches get treated as well.