XR200 STATOR WINDING

I'm not sure if this has been covered but I am looking for help/direction on adding some more wiring on my stator to give me some more output. Is it a fairly simple task or no? Any help/advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry,forgot to mention.  2003.  No real plans right now just wondering in case I need juice in the future. 

Last model year of the XR200R in North America was 2002. Tenth digit of the VIN will indicate the model year, 2002 is "2".

The 86+ XR200R alternators have more power than earlier ones and more than enough power for lights. I run a Halogen bulb in mine and it produces plenty of light. LED bulbs produce four times as much light as an incandescent bulb so are an option to rewinding the alternator. 
There are some threads on TT, and some links to other forums, on rewiring stators. 

Yea sorry 2002.  I put the wrong year . Lol.  I have an 86 bottom end if I needed that as well.

The rotors are all the same from 86 on, the wiring for the liight section of the stator changed in 90 from one wire out to two wires out.

The 86 crank is not usable in the 94+ cases because of changes to the right bearing.

I recently did a rewind on my son's RM250 stator. Took a few hours. Bought the magnetic insulated wire (18 & 34 gauge) at a local electronic store, about $20 for the wire. Took about 4 hours. Once it was done correctly, I coated the coils with thinned JB Weld to protect them from heat. Runs much better. Make sure the poles on the stator are insulated and not continuous to the base metal or ground.  Here are a few links:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/183721-Rewinding-250R-Stator

http://www.instructables.com/id/Rebuild-your-bike-s-expensive-stator/

Edited by HomerDodd
added link