1978 Kawasaki KD175 Starting Troubles

Hi , i finally have my bike ive been fixing in starting condition again, but i am running into some issues. When i kick it over everything seems good, it has good compression and everything but i have to be missing something. It has only started about 5 times out of the ton ive attempted. when it does start it will only start with the choke on, but the idle is extremely high. Ive checked if the float was stuck or anything but it doesnt do anything. Also lowering the idle didnt seem to affect it. I dont know if there is something im missing about these two strokes seeming ive only had four strokes in the past.

Thanks, Jake

Kawasaki carb bay.jpg

Make sure the throttle cable is routed right and that its placed properly into the carb. If its not seated right in the carb it could be pulling the throttle.

Are your plugs fresh?

• Like 1

Check/Replace the pilot jet.  Nine times out of ten that is the problem with these smaller displacement two strokes.

18 hours ago, Hailsatansquirtgirl666 said:

Make sure the throttle cable is routed right and that its placed properly into the carb. If its not seated right in the carb it could be pulling the throttle.

Are your plugs fresh?

Hi thanks for the response it was the throttle cable being pulled, so i fixed it and now it runs nicely. 

• Like 2