2018 wr250f vs 2018 te250i (tpi) or keep my bike

I currently ride a 2015 ktm 200 xcw that I bought new and have 3 seasons on. It has 190hrs and is starting to fall apart, rather then dump a lot of money into this bike I'm considering a new bike. I race Netra enduros (promoting to b class soon, I'm a fairly fast rider)and ride turkey runs, mostly tight single track. My 200 is great in the technical stuff but sucks on the connecting roads, lacks power on faster pace trail and is wobbly at high speeds. Another concern for me is maintenance and lifespan, I want a bike that will last me years and not be a total money pit like my ktm is with only 190hrs. I like the husquvarna te250i but I'm worried about the durability of it being a first year transfer port injected bike and the fact that is is essentially a ktm. The wr250f if has proven to be reliable but I worry about getting used to the weight and the 4 stroke power. I'm leaving for college next year and want something that will last me through those years. What do you think?

IMO, the WR250F or YZ250FX will require less maintenance than a carbureted pre mix two stroke. An oil injected fuel injected two stroke would be different though - probably as good durability wise as the Yamaha four stroke but that's only speculation whereas the Yamaha is very proven. 

Im curious, what is falling apart on your 15 200. At 190 hours isn't really that much.

Comming off a 200xcw  i think you would find the wr250f a step back and disappointing performance wise. 20lbs heavier with less torque.  A yz250xf or a 250xcf for a 4st would be a lot better Harescramble bike.

In the last 3 years I've owned a 14 200xcw, 13 150sx modified for enduros, 16 250xcf and a 17 250xc. The 200 and 150 are gone now so i just have the 2 250s. The 17 250xc is by far the best bike I have ever owned.  For a Harescramble/enduro bike it works excellent.  75 hours since April.  

Your biggest questions is the 2st vs 4st, what do you like best. 

You have a KTM 200 and you want more power and reliability, you want to go faster on roads, and you want to race hare scrambles. This is a no-brainer.

img.jpg?id=5936ed902a0ab689b45c6336&w=84

• Like 1