2009 yz250f fork issues

I just had my fork seals replaced and put back in kyb fork oil.   Upon getting the forks installed and going to set the clickers, one has a total compression adjustment of 22 clicks.  The other has a total of 33.  If memory serves me correctly they both had a total adjustment range of 22 before the work was done.  What could be the problem?

The reason this was noticed was because I turned them all the way in, and backed out the 17 clicks it had previously on each fork.  Upon looking at how high the screw on each fork is, one is significantly lower then the other. So that made me count the total range of adjustment on each.

I want to go ride tomorrow, but don't want to make the problem worse.  I also don't want to have issues trying to ride.   

I did not have time to check rebound on fork with 33 clicks for compression.  Storage unit closed. 

Edited by mad-man

The reason is, on part number 12: the valve comp, the little nipple on the bottom right above part #14 was broken off.  Does anyone know if I can buy that separate or do I have to hit the whole part 12 for $200 bucks.

Moreover, supposedly this bike has enzo racing suspension for one of star racing yamaha old riders. He told me it was made for a 185lb rider, which is how much I am in gear. But I can't be sure that's right. Also, I am sure they took out all the really trick components, but should have left the valving. 

The bike feels good to me at pace, but it wears me out after about an hour. Do you guys think I should just replace the broken part? Or take it to a suspension shop get it fixed there and get their feedback on how heavy and how fast of a rider it is valved for; and possibly get it revalved for my weight and ability.   

Is the grass greener?  Haha

dvT-aLFInudwwvHBT9UzcXkr-BXKoxRGQqqUX1OEJLMM6azFXaSpyEwAUVInZLOi4X7D-xrZ5b4MBkl0wSkrwPb2J_TJcOuXoHDlsfvRCJw1.gif

Edited by mad-man

You can download a .pdf version of the KYB parts catalog on Technical Touch USA's website.

Helpful when regular parts microfiche or service manuals don't show details of fork sub-assemblies.

My guess would be as C-P also suggested,

myself have over tightened the nut and broken one a few years ago

but better to confirm with actual parts in hand what exactly needs replacing.

Advantage of replacing all (base and mid-valve) piston holders (referred to as the "base valve" in the part description)

for those like me who constantly experiment valving changes, unlike the bike's originals the new parts / threads have never

been peened / grounded flat to remove nut so there is a bit more thread length to work with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone

I ended up getting a revalve and replacing two valves in the same fork. The technical touch diagram was awesome. But, watch out when ordering from them, their shipping is crazy pricey. 

Also, I went to zr1 racing out in Tucson Arizona.  I highly recommend them if you are in the area and need some work.