Does anyone make aluminum engine mount brackets for the 230F?

Does anyone make aluminum engine mount brackets for the 230F?

I've seen some on the bikes from South America but never seen them for sale in the US. Any ideas?

I made my own out of 3mm 5083 marine grade aluminium alloy and have been on the bike for a few years now. Plenty strong enough. There is 5 steel ones you can replace and from memory the weight saving was substantial maybe 250 grams (1/2 pound). You could up them to 4mm if youre worried but mine are strong even with a few lightening holes in them!
They were easy to make and alloy plate is cheap

Sent from my SM-G930F using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Landerz said:

I made my own out of 3mm 5083 marine grade aluminium alloy and have been on the bike for a few years now. Plenty strong enough. There is 5 steel ones you can replace and from memory the weight saving was substantial maybe 250 grams (1/2 pound). You could up them to 4mm if youre worried but mine are strong even with a few lightening holes in them!
They were easy to make and alloy plate is cheap

Sent from my SM-G930F using ThumperTalk mobile app

half pound is HUGE. Especially for the low cost of making these. Thank you for your input.

• Like 2

Or your fat ass could lose 1/2 a pound and save money at the same time (I actually dont know if you are fat or not but it's always easier and cheaper for the rider to lose weight)

1 minute ago, bfaucett said:

Or your fat ass could lose 1/2 a pound and save money at the same time (I actually dont know if you are fat or not but it's always easier and cheaper for the rider to lose weight)

My weight's in my signature, not much to lose.

My weight's in my signature, not much to lose.
Can't view your sig on tapatalk. Buy a big bike if you're worried about power to weight. You could shave 5 pounds and not tell a dif
  • Like 1

Buy a big bike if you're worried about power to weight.

This.

I never could understand why people try to increase power or decrease the weight of their 230s. Use them for what they are, a putt putt trail bike, nothing wrong with that. They have big bike weight and little bike power and no amount of money or mods can make up for that. It will never be as fast as a 250F or as light as an 85.

I guarantee that someone could hide a 5 lb (maybe even 20 lb) weight in your air box and you wouldn't know it was there if they didn't tell you.

This.

I never could understand why people try to increase power or decrease the weight of their 230s. Use them for what they are, a putt putt trail bike, nothing wrong with that. They have big bike weight and little bike power and no amount of money or mods can make up for that. It will never be as fast as a 250F or as light as an 85.

I guarantee that someone could hide a 5 lb (maybe even 20 lb) weight in your air box and you wouldn't know it was there if they didn't tell you.

My thoughts exactly. It is what it is, a fun little bike to horse around on

Thanks for the input guys. Not to be rude, but this is a fun project i have and thats the end of that, im going to keep spending time and money to tweak my 230f if i want to. 

Fwiw i have a Beta xTrainer arriving this week, so if i really love that bike then I'll probably stop wasting time on the 230f. Either way, my bike my decisions. Thank you

• Like 4

7 hours ago, woods-rider said:

This.

But it is a 250cc with CR85 parts and has aluminum engine mounts. Besides getting there is half the fun.:ride:

IMG_1053.JPG

Edited by stevethe
  • Like 3

Thanks for the input guys. Not to be rude, but this is a fun project i have and thats the end of that, im going to keep spending time and money to tweak my 230f if i want to. 
Fwiw i have a Beta xTrainer arriving this week, so if i really love that bike then I'll probably stop wasting time on the 230f. Either way, my bike my decisions. Thank you
You got us there. I'll never tell another man how to spend his money
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bfaucett said:
11 minutes ago, xplodee said:

Or woman. 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevethe said:

But it is a 250cc with CR85 parts and has aluminum engine mounts. Besides getting there is half the fun.:ride:

IMG_1053.JPG

DAO (drooling all over).  Now if you would get a Calif. plate on it and sell it to me!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bfaucett said:

Id $50 in aluminum brackets makes your head spin, don't read about what I spent on new wheels lol: 

• Like 2

Id $50 in aluminum brackets makes your head spin, don't read about what I spent on new wheels lol: 

Hell I buy new wheels for everything I own, no judgement there lol