2014 XC-W 200 starter... bendix?

I know these systems are weak but I'm not sure issue.

starter spins but does not engage.

take apart and bendix seems to move freely with no issues.  Not chrunchy or anything.  Seemed to work fine testing with starter while apart.   Greased it all and reassembled with no luck.

Is this the common problem and I should just replace bendix anyway?

Edited by Talber8

In the past, a weak battery wouldn't turn it over.... now it just spins and spins without engaging

When I did my rebuild it was a craigslist bike,beat to hell and the bushings didnt exist any longer in the case. Totally a neglected bike.Inspect it all and replace it all if you have to.The pic shows the place a bushing Should have been,but was not, as well as 2 other places.

20161015_171953.jpg

On 9/9/2017 at 10:46 PM, Talber8 said:

I know these systems are weak but I'm not sure issue.

starter spins but does not engage.

take apart and bendix seems to move freely with no issues.  Not chrunchy or anything.  Seemed to work fine testing with starter while apart.   Greased it all and reassembled with no luck.

Is this the common problem and I should just replace bendix anyway?

There is an updated Gear ratio Bendix and crown wheel,I know I replaced my 2008s with 2016 updated ratios.Get those and a 410w starter and high,above 100 cca battery,I went with 130, and those will make that bad boy spin its tail off.

13 hours ago, NateDavis said:

When I did my rebuild it was a craigslist bike,beat to hell and the bushings didnt exist any longer in the case. Totally a neglected bike.Inspect it all and replace it all if you have to.The pic shows the place a bushing Should have been,but was not, as well as 2 other places.

20161015_171953.jpg

Sweet ordered some new ones and will try.

thanks all

On 9/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, NateDavis said:

20161015_171953.jpg

You the man, this was it!  Thanks all!

Edited by Talber8
  • Like 2

No problem and glad to help.Keep us posted on how the starter is doing.If any other issues arise im sure someone here can always help out.

Ride safe