74jimbo

74jimbo's engine build thread

Just now, 74jimbo said:
1 minute ago, Bermudacat said:
Where?

From Eddie

Am I the only one who sees the irony here? :D

• Like 4

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?
No. Because I already received the stuff I bought from Eddie.

I have. It is gone. Drew is a meth dealer in Colorado now.
Tweakers all claim to be dealers, usually that means they can hook up a gram from an actual dealer and step all over it before it gets to its destination.
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:37 AM, 74jimbo said:
On 11/12/2018 at 8:23 AM, Bermudacat said:
Am I the only one who sees the irony here? emoji3.png

No.

Thanks, just double checking..............:thumbsup:

not sure what I still have or don't have, so I picked this up off ebay. I have some other sets of nuts and bolts coming also.

bolts.jpg

• Like 1

$50 + the ride

I ordered some other nuts and bolts stuff, just hasn't gotten here yet.

Wanted to make sure to have extras on hand so I'm not making multiple trips to the dealership to get the next bolt I can't find

Picked up a couple more nuts and bolts.

Still waiting on a complete swingarm bolt with all the little washers and bushings (supposed to be here the 28th)20181116_042941.jpeg20181116_042931.jpeg

When does Erik expect to have the engine built?

Soon I hope I need the space

Waiting on a couple of bearings. And one transmission circlip I was short I’ll get an updated status today when I go pick up parts

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

this is the bolt i am supposed to get by the 28th

1146597835_swingarmbolt.jpg.52029e26c55aa217ca55e860842c6f37.jpg
Got it

No I have not moved to Colorado to smoke meth purchased with customers money......... Just been swamped with work that has to come before friends and family jobs. 
Friday is set aside for Jims motor as long as when servicing the training fleet today nothing crappy pops up I have to spend the next two days fixing before weekend classes. 

• Like 3

On 11/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

Obviously Bryan doesn't considering Eddie is no longer a part of Thumpertalk.

I do not. While I don't wish him ill, he absolutely smoked his trust and cred with us. I thought we were friends, but unfortunately I was wrong. I just hoped that he learned some lessons from what went down. I'm pretty forgiving, but not when people won't own up to their mistakes and make diligent efforts to repair them. He swept it all under the rug and there is a still a big ol' visible pile from my vantage point. What's sad is that it was avoidable. Life goes on.

• Like 3

I do not. While I don't wish him ill, he absolutely smoked his trust and cred with us. I thought we were friends, but unfortunately I was wrong. I just hoped that he learned some lessons from what went down. I'm pretty forgiving, but not when people won't own up to their mistakes and make diligent efforts to repair them. He swept it all under the rug and there is a still a big ol' visible pile from my vantage point. What's sad is that it was avoidable. Life goes on.
How does it feel to be an involuntary shrink/lifecoach? Were you aware you were signing up for that when you started down the TT road?

15 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

How does it feel to be an involuntary shrink/lifecoach? Were you aware you were signing up for that when you started down the TT road? emoji16.png

It's been a good ride overall! I've meet far more solid people that otherwise in my travels here. Lifecoach? Not sure about that. I've made my share of mistakes. But, I do try to learn from them and I never run from responsbility. Make a mess? Clean up your own poo! Good life lesson? I think adults should already know that.

• Like 4

It's been a good ride overall! I've meet far more solid people that otherwise in my travels here. Lifecoach? Not sure about that. I've made my share of mistakes. But, I do try to learn from them and I never run from responsbility. Make a mess? Clean up your own poo! Good life lesson? I think adults should already know that.
This begs the question, where is your AMA thread? Sorry for the derail, can't wait to see pics from Jimbos first ride on the bike.