Should this cylinder be replaced

Hoping for some advice. This cylinder is from a 2008 DRZ 400. Bike has a 3 x 3 mod done and and Yoshi pipe on it. It sat for a couple of years. I changed the oil and gas and it fired right up and seemed to be running great. 

Took it on the SI300 and ran into some issues on the way home. On a long up hill grade at about 65mph the bike over heated. It became very difficult to start and there was a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust. 

Took it home and made some discoveries. The bike had stock jetting. The valves needed to be adjusted. And when I opened the radiators to pull the cylinder there was no radiator fluid in the bike. Just a bunch of dried up powdery residue. 

I rejetted the bike, adjusted the valves, and flush the radiators and filled it with engine ice. I was expecting more damage to the cylinder then what appears. I'm wondering if I should go forward my original plan to put a big bore kit on it or if I can just reuse the original cylinder as is and replace the gaskets.

Does this look like too much scoring to put back into service? You can not feel any grooves using the finger nail test. 

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

It looks ok, considering your pictures are blurry. Is the skirt of the piston scored? If the marks on the barrel cannot catch a fingernail, all it might need is a new piston and rings. But then again, a bige bore kit may not be much more so...

It's doesn't look pretty, that's for sure. What's the clearance?

How much did you shim the valves? If they zeroed out you should look into getting a valve job done as well.

I would also be concerned about the flatness of the head. Where did the coolant go?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

It's apart and the entire top end is in question. For me it would be an easy choice to spend a few $ and renew it with a BB kit and correct the missing valve clearances at the same time.