Kawasaki KD175 Gas Tank

Hi, I have a 1978 Kawasaki KD175 and the gas tank is in rough shape. The previous owner tried welding and putting an epoxy on it to stop the leaks. Its rusted out along the seams pretty badly and still leaks. So i think there is no hope for the tank. So my question is there any kind of gas tank that i can use as a replacement for it, like a plastic one that i can make fit somehow. If you could find some links for some that would fit that would be awesome.

Thanks, Jake

I had a 1975 KD 125 way back when and the KX tanks of that era looked exactly like the one on my KD. Maybe try swap meets or EBay.

Ive seen this tank and from the looks of it, it isnt in good condition either. If it wasnt overpriced i would maybe consider it but it would be 110$ for a tank in rough shape.I Would still have to do work to the tank to prevent it from leaking. The seams on the tank separate easily due to rust. Thats why im thinking id have a better shot with a plastic tank , since all the old ones are rusted out.

2 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

it was the only one i found

i reckon the older kx - kdx plastic tanks would fit

Im looking at some of the tanks but the only ones i can find dont have arches so that the tank sits on the frame