2015 + Chevelot Colorado Stabilitrak issue

Has anyone with this truck had the Service Stabilitrak message with the ABS, Traction control, and Skid idoit lights come on? The other day all of this came on randomly after I started the truck and has remained. The odd part was the On Star maintenance report right after I started the truck (within a minute) and didn't mention the issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I have no experience with GM's stabilitrac, but I agree with Monk that a bad or dirty wheel speed sensor is probably the most likely culprit.

Ohio, overall what are your thoughts on the Colorado?

Mixed.

I like it but there are a few things that bother me.

The shift programming is absolutely ridiculous for the v6 and feels like it was meant for the diesel instead. It tries to lug and has a hard time going anywhere unless to stomp on it. Then it can't decide what gear to be in. I purchased a custom tune from Trifecta Performance and it greatly improved the shifting and throttle response, but it still doesn't feel like a "normal" vehicle. You get used to it until you drive anything else.

It's the extended cab version and I've had to have the rear doors strikers adjusted once for it not latching enough to engage the sensor. It still fails to sense occasionally. That's a minor issues but it's annoying.

As for every thing else, I like how it rides, how it drives and its size. I almost bought a new F150 extended cab but I didn't think it would fit in the garage with all my bikes and the wife's Edge.

I'm at 29k and this is the 1st real issue that's popped up.

On 9/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, Monk said:

Sounds like a rear wheel sensor... 

Sounds like a G.M truck. I have a 2010 Silverado with all sorts of electrical gremlins. My work truck is a 03 GMC and it has a ton of electrical issues. The other GMC shop trucks have alot of  the same issues. 

On 9/10/2017 at 0:32 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

Has anyone with this truck had the Service Stabilitrak message with the ABS, Traction control, and Skid idoit lights come on? The other day all of this came on randomly after I started the truck and has remained. The odd part was the On Star maintenance report right after I started the truck (within a minute) and didn't mention the issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

That's a chevy issue not limited to the colorado trucks.   My daughter has a cruze and it has those problems.     Google it, there are some remedies out there

General Motors and some of the other manufacturers have integrated the service stabilitrac and abs lights to coincide with the check engine light. The reason being is customer continually think it is a gas cap. I have been with 1 manufacturer since 1992, I have replaced maybe 5 gas caps.

3 hours ago, jz125 said:

General Motors and some of the other manufacturers have integrated the service stabilitrac and abs lights to coincide with the check engine light. The reason being is customer continually think it is a gas cap. I have been with 1 manufacturer since 1992, I have replaced maybe 5 gas caps.

Confusing,,,are you saying the gas caps are the problem or not?

On 10/21/2017 at 2:44 PM, YHGEORGE said:

Confusing,,,are you saying the gas caps are the problem or not?

They hardly ever are but for some odd reason people think it is a light for a loose gas cap and not a potentially serious thing.

Yep a misfire can set off the service stailitrac warning

On 10/21/2017 at 9:36 AM, jz125 said:

The reason multiple warning lamps illuminate is because of networking. 1 sensor may provide information to numerous modules potentially effecting operation of the system that module controls. For example a vehicle speed sensor in the ABS system could also provide information to the engine control module, transmission, trailer brake module, radio, wiper module, traction control, 4 wheel drive, supplemental restraint, body control and whatever else the manufacturer decides needs a speed input. Most modules will just set a code saying hey I am not getting information that I need. But emissions and safety are a big concern, hence the check engine light, ABS and traction control can all illuminate for 1 problem that does not seem to be related to all 3 systems. Pretty common on GM, Toyota and Honda products.