Health issues from riding

Do any of you guys who ride have issues with your kidneys, bladder, prostate, or balls from riding? If so, what did you do to help the situation.

I'm having issues, and I do not want to quit riding. You might as well stick fork in me if it comes to that. I'm having issue with a recurring urological problem, and I think the bike is causing it.

Other than maybe some occasional kidney/testicle bruising, etc I can't see any other possibilities. Don't pay attention to old wives tales, bicycle rider tales or other stupid internet bs.

stop riding for a month and see if your problem improves.. If it does, go riding and see if it returns.... I'm getting older, sometimes I sit and think, one day I'll have to give up riding....MAN what a depressing thought... Good luck and maybe go see a doc

• Like 3

stop riding for a month and see if your problem improves.. If it does, go riding and see if it returns.... I'm getting older, sometimes I sit and think, one day I'll have to give up riding....MAN what a depressing thought... Good luck and maybe go see a doc

I got a soft cup and jock strap. I'm going to see if that helps. But I'm with you, I can't give up riding. It's what I live for.

Also contemplating a kidney belt

On November 4, 2017 at 0:33 PM, Sierra_rider said:

I think the only way that riding has negatively affected my life is the couple of knee injuries I've had in recent years.

+1......

On 9/13/2017 at 5:16 PM, jpbova said:

Also contemplating a kidney belt

Been wearing one since I started riding as a 15yo. Cannot imagine riding without one.

• Like 2

I ended up getting a trials bike and consequently it solved all my issues being nauseous along with any pain I was having

Forgot to add that the trials bike changed my riding style and I stand more often now.

I agree with the kidney belt...I think they are awesome and have worn one every time I ride since I started riding as a kid. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jpbova said:

I ended up getting a trials bike and consequently it solved all my issues being nauseous along with any pain I was having

Tell us more. 

Tell us more. 
Trials bike has made me more comfortable standing than sitting. The nausea was from sitting, jiggling my innards and making me feel like I was a boat. The pain was caused from sitting and having the shock beating the shit out of my prostate, bladder, kidneys and lower back. I stand 60% of the time now. The only time I sit is in the tight shit and little tricky tech sections. I suspect the more time I put on the trials bike will make me a full time standing rider.

50 minutes ago, jpbova said:
1 hour ago, TigerTanker said:
Tell us more. 

Trials bike has made me more comfortable standing than sitting. The nausea was from sitting, jiggling my innards and making me feel like I was a boat. The pain was caused from sitting and having the shock beating the shit out of my prostate, bladder, kidneys and lower back. I stand 60% of the time now. The only time I sit is in the tight shit and little tricky tech sections. I suspect the more time I put on the trials bike will make me a full time standing rider.

Congratulations on an incredible personal victory 

• Like 2