Draining Carb of fuel

Hey guys i just drained my fuel out of my tank and if possible would like to get the fuel mabye left in the carb out so it isnt sitting in there.
If anyone know how or best way to do this please let me know.
Definitely not comfortable taking out the carb.

At the bottom of the carb bowl is a screw. Loosen it a couple turns and fuel will drain from lowest carb hose.  Screw will be on side of bowl but at very bottom.

Don't remove the bolt, just open a few turns like S10gto said. After you drain it don't tighten it too tight! Torque spec is only 3 ft.lbs, basically good and snug. The o-ring will seal it.

It is the float bowl drain plug, not the throttle screw. Big (17 mm normally) bolt that goes up from the bottom of the float bowl. Google it.

float-bowl-nut.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Edited by LSHD

Or it can have this style.

Carb30.jpg

Edited by S10gto

I take the 17 mm head plug out of the bottom and shoot a blast of carb cleaner into the pilot jet, to remove the fuel residue, when I am putting the bike away for winter. Barbados may not require that.

Since this is apparently the first time you have ever loosened the drain screw I would suggest removing it after all the fuel is out and replacing the o ring.  That o ring may very well be toast and won't seal properly from now on.

15 hours ago, LSHD said:

It is the float bowl drain plug, not the throttle screw. Big (17 mm normally) bolt that goes up from the bottom of the float bowl. Google it.

float-bowl-nut.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Not necessarily.  Many Keihins have a screw coming out an an angle from the bottom that you loosen.  It is a slot head screw.