Solo Donkey ride

Some of you know that I bought some new Dal Soggio's sphere cartridges.  So just like anything you buy out of a box , they needed to be revalved for my kind of riding (slow tech, rock, hill climbs) 

i headed out to my favorite riding place Donkeyland. Part of setting up susp means going over and over the same terrain and try different settings.  Since the Donk is out of commission for a while I ride alone. I know I know, not smart! So this is when she realizes she's farther gone than I  thought. I go straight to wall of denial and on the rutted down hill the front end feels more planted. I get to the wall and Ira like a road . I blaze down the down hill that takes you over to Anvil way which is rutted and littered w/ rocks and the front end soaks it right up! I fly up the trail and decide to go to commander hill , which has been a mother to go up lately. I go up it pretty easily and decide to go to the wide hill. Wide hill is covered with dead grass and ruts. I get up it , but it was not easy. Haul ass to the snake and look at the wolfs den , but she's not home. I pass the Riddler bushes and smile as I'm going a hundred. I go back down and back up to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I speed up the rebound of forks a few  clicks to settle the packing. I haul ass over to Carcus and because I can ride faster now , I crash harder due to stupid mistakes! I pull a muscle in my back and get back on the bike and crash another 20 ft further! I abort the climb and go all the way back down and fly up the prick at a hundred! Over to Miller and it's not even a hill. Back down to the wide hill and fly up it and back to snake since I'm there and hit again! I'm clearly out of my dam mind and w/ out a Govenor to slow her down ,she continues w/ out stopping! It's 90 f out side , but since she's gone it feels cold! I go over to Matts switchbacks and although very dry I go up and down and up again. I have a little fuel to eat and over to little bean. 3rd gear on 1 wheel all the way up. Now it's time to visit the "clean one" . I had a good run ,but make a mistake and fall over and twist the knee a bit. After the white pain dissipates I get back on my machine and get to the top and turn around and go back down half way and call the Cactus on the phone. I decide to go to the Cobb and on the way back up commander and down to the base of Cobb. The main line hasn't been climbed for a bit due to rutted conditions. I blaze up it so fast that I was able to stay away from ruts! Great forks! I head to the "nut " and high side twice. I finally get 3/4 ways and decide to turn the power valve all the way in , and crawl all the way up with front wheel inches off the mountain. It's 1:30 and I've ridden 42 miles of hills! I decide to hit up the wide hill again and back up the snake as well just for the hell of it!

The forks worked well and the day ended well.

Good times!

• Like 7

So, a pair of $3500 forks and I too can blaze up every hill in DL?

I thought she liked to suffer..why make it easier

42 minutes ago, 909Matt said:

So, a pair of $3500 forks and I too can blaze up every hill in DL?

I thought she liked to suffer..why make it easieremoji51.png

Truth be told , they promised the forks would make me like Grahm Jarvis! Liars!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

With the front wheel in the air at a hunderd most of the time ...  what the hell does forks have anything to do wid-it ?   :excuseme:

Going back down w/ out dying:ride:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevethe said:

So... Now that you got your soggy nuts fixed are you ready for some real hills at The Snake Pit.:lol:

Soon, I have to go to YPL first. Also I believe the 300 would be under powered for The pit. I might try the magic forks on the 525 though.

• Like 2