I am looking at upgrading soon and dont know what bike to upgrade to. I am 16 and about 5'2-5'4 and currently ride a KX85 2001 small wheel. I am looking to upgrade to either a newer 85 big wheel as I love the power the minis give. I am worried I might be small for a 125 or not be able to handle the power. What bike would be better for me newer 85 big wheel or a 125 2 stroke.

50 minutes ago, Little Ripper said:

I am looking at upgrading soon and dont know what bike to upgrade to. I am 16 and about 5'2-5'4 and currently ride a KX85 2001 small wheel. I am looking to upgrade to either a newer 85 big wheel as I love the power the minis give. I am worried I might be small for a 125 or not be able to handle the power. What bike would be better for me newer 85 big wheel or a 125 2 stroke.

Go with the 125 i think you'll be able to handle the power you can also lower it and cut foam from the seat Im 15 and ride a 250

A 125 might have a little more power, but it also has to push a heavier bike. And bigger wheels. So don't let it scare you. If you can ride an85 to its limit, the 125 won't scare you. I came off my KX107, and was actually disappointed with the Yz125 I bought. The KX would've ate the YZ's lunch. Rode the 125 only 4 rides, then bought a KX250 2T. Now THAT is a scary ride!

I'm 5'3" by the way, but a beefy 130 lbs. I'm now on a 200 XC and will never go back to the little bikes. But they are a blast! Just not good for my type of riding.

• Like 1