I'm thinking of saving up for either the crf250l or wr250r. I would ride mostly to school and on trails around my place. I'm 14 6'3 and weigh around 140. And considering the wr getting discontinued, I don't have much choice on getting a brand new bike. But I would still like to have you guy's opinions on which I should get. Thanks

Both bikes will do what you want to do.  The WR250R is the better bike but at a higher cost.  In the used market around here the CRF250L's are much more affordable.  Another option to consider, is the DR-Z400S.  They are plentiful, affordable and have a huge amount of community and aftermarket support.  They are really low maintenance, bulletproof, more powerful stock and much more powerful with some modifications.

All 3 of those bike fit yours needs and they all have their pros and cons.  So if it was me, I'd be watching Craiglist for the best deal on the cleanest lowest mileage bike you can find out of those three.  That's basically what I did when I was in the market for a dual sport bike.  I ended up finding this 2012 DR-Z400s with 2,043 miles on it for $3,500.  The bike is like new.

new1.jpg.63ff823b48df32261618e15af5fc1561.jpg

Doc

• Like 1